Why become a member? ×

ashdown MAG600 any good??

pal1972

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='596021' date='Sep 11 2009, 08:40 PM']Obviously British owned/Chinese manufactured provides less economic benefit to the UK than British owned and manufactured or even foreign owned/British manufactured but when the bottom line is price, manufacturing chases cheap labour. I would still buy a Chinese Ashdown over a Behringer for instance but as rule I try to avoid buying anything made in China

As well as what's already been mentioned Hiwatt I think, The Ashdown Klystron range, Status and a whole load of small luthiers like Overwater and Shuker.

Sadly this is the pattern of British manufacturing. We excel at producing high quality or bespoke products for niche markets. We seem to produce huge quantities of great designers, engineers and inventors who start up small companies but once they get to a certain size and level of success ( as bassmansky stated ) they get bought up by foreign companies.[/quote]
+1. my ashdown head was made in uk,my cab in the prc,but will change that to neo classic ,made in uk.right or wrong there is just something i like about the words 'made in uk' :)

OK so took a gamble and bought one!!!! on first try out seems impressive (ive got it to replace my ashdown LG1000 which i feel is underpowered) Now my dilema is which cab to use it with??? Ive got a markbass 2x10 4ohm (210P) which i used with the LG1000, and ive also got a ashdown mAG15 (8ohm) cab. I bought this 15 as i felt the MB didnt give me enough low end, but didnt want to spend a lot on an experiment! I think i'll gig with the 15" but cant use both due to different ohms. Any thoughts??

[quote name='pal1972' post='598895' date='Sep 15 2009, 12:41 AM']OK so took a gamble and bought one!!!! on first try out seems impressive (ive got it to replace my ashdown LG1000 which i feel is underpowered) Now my dilema is which cab to use it with??? Ive got a markbass 2x10 4ohm (210P) which i used with the LG1000, and ive also got a ashdown mAG15 (8ohm) cab. I bought this 15 as i felt the MB didnt give me enough low end, but didnt want to spend a lot on an experiment! I think i'll gig with the 15" but cant use both due to different ohms. Any thoughts??[/quote]
you will now which cab to keep after you have tried both out seperately at gigs.you might not get enough top end out of the 1x15 so you might need another cab to go with that,ie 2x10 8 0hm.Or one abm 4x10 cab and sell your other two! :)