Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Streamer Stage One Unlined Fretless 5 string

lawriemacmillan

[size=4][font=Comic Sans MS](This was previously on ebay and I avoided relisting it when I believed I had a buyer)

I'm selling my beloved (and hardly played) [b]Warwick Streamer Stage One Fretless 5 String[/b].

I bought this through Nick Owen at The Bass Centre back in 1997, arriving early 1998 and although it's not a custom instrument, it was built to order for me at the Warwick factory. I was only twenty at the time, coming to think of it...and I had a full time job too!

Streamer Stage One basses are sooo commonly seen now and come way down in price, but even after all this time I've still never came face to face with another unlined fretless 5 string model.
The deep flames have really come out over the years and are visually striking under stage lights.

I mentioned it has hardly been played and this is true if you don't count the period between 1998-2000 when it was my main bass. This was around the time when I was establishing myself as a fulltime player. The bass very reliably accompanied me around various countries playing with a Celtic/World group, and included a residency at Disney World in Florida.

Its condition is excellent for a well-travelled ten year old bass.

Its fundamental differs tonally from many fretted Streamers I've played, which are great for slap and have a brilliantly bold clarity.
Obviously this is a fretless, but when set flat it has a rare depth in the low end that I liken more to an electric upright than the typical Jaco-esque nasal sound often heard when bassists go [i]sans[/i]-fret. Of course, soloing the bridge pickup with give you that irresistible [i]mwah[/i] and extra midrange clarity sometimes required for pitching more accurately.

I've never yet settled on an ideal string for this bass, as I've done on my other basses.
It is strung with DR Lo-Riders on it right now, but I could stick on a fresh set of [b]Elixirs[/b] for the sale.

[u]Specs:[/u]

Solid Flamed Maple Body
Flame Maple Neck coupled and stabilized with Wenge
Thick unlined Ebony Fingerboard with Mother of Pearl sidedots in fret position.
Wide-neck dimentions (20mm bridge spacing).

[i]Basslines[/i] Humbucker Pickups by Seymour Duncan.
MEC 3-Band 18v Active Preamp.
Passive option.

Gold Hardware.
Hipshot D-Tuner on the B string, preset to drop to A. Suuubby!
Dunlop flush-mounted Straplocks.

34" Long Scale.

Neck Width at nut: 47mm
Neck Width at 24th Fret: 82mm

Weight Approx. 4.5kg

In typical sales fashion, I must point out that this a genuine reluctant sale. It's the bass I've owned the longest and if it wasn't for my current financial situ, coupled with the fact that I have just recieved my latest Sadowsky, this would remain in the corner of my room for as long as I'm able.
It is sad that it doesn't get played much anymore though and deserves to be. It's a beautiful bass.

If I've missed out any relevant information, please message me.

For those of you on myspace, check out my photo section and I'm sure there's at least a couple of images of myself and Streamer at work.
[url="http://www.myspace.com/lawriemacmillan"]Lawrie's Myspace Page[/url]

I'm looking to get as close to £1000 as possible.

Included in the sale will be a Sadowsky Ultralite Case[/font][/size]

Free delivery to most UK destinations.

Feel free to call me on 07950 453 572

Thanks for reading!

Edited by lawriemacmillan

Beautiful bass mate. Just a word of advice - 'offers' doesn't seem to work well around here for some reason. You'd maybe be better off just asking for what you want for it. I know it's not always easy or fun to do, especially if you're attached to an instrument...

Good luck!

And have a bump!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='63435' date='Sep 21 2007, 07:43 AM']Beautiful bass mate. Just a word of advice - 'offers' doesn't seem to work well around here for some reason. You'd maybe be better off just asking for what you want for it. I know it's not always easy or fun to do, especially if you're attached to an instrument...

Good luck!

And have a bump![/quote]

Like the man said nice looker.

I love Streamers but requesting offers that are 'not' based on regular Warwick prices is possibly going to find this bass being bumped on a regular basis by the loyal Warwick fans on here but ultimately may not get you many offers, though I bet you will get PM's from people asking what you want for it!

It does look smart and if it was a 4 string fretless at a regular Warwick price I'd be over the border in 15 minutes!

[quote name='lawriemacmillan' post='63706' date='Sep 21 2007, 05:09 PM']Tempting, but no :-D[/quote]

How about a nut... I have a spare...

Oh this's not good... I'm considering breaking into the just started MTD fund already...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Snarf' post='72723' date='Oct 11 2007, 11:56 AM']:) evil! YOU ARE EVIL!

That bass is luvverly. Damnit, I really want a fretless 5 too, this would suit me down to the ground. If I can sell my fretless Musicman, would you accept money, a lung, kidney and a leg?[/quote]

Snarf, if you really want it you have my blessing to pillage, plunder and self-amputate to your heart's content!
I forgot to check your location before posting this reply. Anyone based in Scotland is welcome to come and have a try. My next tour is in November and I've been told there's a Warwick buzz in Germany right now. The word has been spread so we shall see if any buyers turn up to our shows....

L

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...