Why become a member? ×

Lessons in Glasgow

7string

Just confirming that I am still giving lessons in the Glasgow area !!

From beginner to advanced 4,5,6 & 7 string bass, fretted and fretless in genres ranging from nu-country to nu-metal.

Every lesson is shaped to your own requirements to help you be the bass player that you want to be...

For more info, and to discuss your own requirements, either send a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Edited by 7string

Thanks Dan :)

It means a lot to me that you would leave such a message on this thread and that you're enjoying the lessons !!

Just to mention here as well, that if a student's bass needs a set-up, I'll do that as well. Dan's Peavey 6 string was in need of such attention, so I took care of that for him by doing the work myself, free of charge. No point in trying to practice on an instrument which is proving difficult and/or annoying to play. That bass had a fresh set of strings on it but if they were shot, the student would have to provide their own strings or I'll get them and charge them at cost.

It was nice try for a discount on a lesson though :huh:

There will be discounts if a block of 5 or more lessons are arranged and paid for in advance...

Edited by 7string

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I really should have updated this sooner and I apologise to all those who have contacted me.

My fiancee and I are going away to the USA for a month, during which we're getting married in Las Vegas. This means that I'm not available for lessons until May 3.

After that date, I'm back to normal and both lessons and the times of those lessons are offered to work around your requirements and commitments. Daytime, evening and weekends lessons are still available and the first introductory lesson is free. Please also remember, that if a student's bass needs a set-up that is done free of charge (just supply a fresh set of strings).

Again, apologies for not posting these details sooner and thanks to all those who are waiting until I get back to start/continue their lessons.

Regards,
Mark Daniels - [i]Dip.Mus.(Open)[/i]

Edited by 7string

• 7 months later...

Just to add to this thread that I've recently been asked about lessons for January 2009.

As usual, I can offer discounts on 4 or more pre-booked lessons. Booking lessons could be a great Christmas present for the bassist in your life :)

I've taught both practical and theoretical music to children as young as 6, teenagers starting their musical journey and those who are older and either starting or returning to music. All lessons are tailor-made to the players requirements, so students learn what they want or need to learn rather than be put through a set course of bass lessons and exercises.

For more info, and to discuss your own requirements, either send a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Edited by 7string

• 3 months later...

Just an update. Things are going well on the bass teaching front.

As the moment, Students' ages run from teens to early 50's and styles from Motown to metal and I've put an accent on students understanding what they're playing. As some bassists start out following the guitar player, the danger is that the player may end up being able to play a song without understanding what it is they're playing.

As well as looking at technique and rhythm, the idea is to give students the bass ammunition they need not only to play basslines, but to improve upon them and develop their own style.

As ever, any questions about lessons can be PM'd here or e-mailed to [email protected]

• 6 months later...