Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Bargain cheapo Behringer 300w head - £50!

Moos3h

Hi all,

I have here a Behringer BX3000 300w head that has been my faithful backup for a while now, however since I have upgraded my main head this is now backup number 2 and realistically-speaking I can't see me using it.

First off, it works - however:

1). It's a bit noisy - It's been like it since I've had it and is only noticeable in quiet situations when NOT playing, otherwise you'd never ever know. Never got any worse and nothing else weird has ever happened, I'd put it down to being one of those things and never worried about it.

2). It's got some screws missing - this is down to me as I stupidly though I'd try to rackmount it, got it out, realised it wasn't a good idea and then lost a couple of the screws that secure the guts to the wooden sleeve. There's still plenty there though, it's not going anywhere....

So, £50 - that's a bargain for a solid 'does what it says on the tin' amp head - I even have the footswitch for it which I've never used! Also comes with a speakon->speakon speaker cable.

If you want it posted, it'll cost yer, otherwise collection or meetup half way in St Albans / Stevenage area of herts.

Cheers,
James

Hi James,

I had one of these as a back up amp! I thought it was one of the best clean / crisp sounding amps i have owned despite peoples opinions!

Loads of power!

Good luck with the sale, Great Price. I couldn't shift mine on here but put it on Fleabay and it didn't last 24hrs £80 Buy it Now!!!!

Cheers

J.

I'm after my first head to go with my de-amped Ashdown C115 so I might be interested if the Financial Advisor approves. What condition is it in and how bad's that noise. We have some pretty quiet segments and I wouldn't want to stand there sounding like a swarm of bees :-) Would you be able to package it up as well - I could probably arrange a courier from this end if it's easier.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

The noise is the sort of thing you'd notice at home practising in your bedroom, but not in a live environment, that's for sure. It doesn't really get that much louder with volume and I've gigged it before and never had anyone mention it, even between songs.

I can package up no probs :) If you're able to let me know today then I can probably get it ready for collection tomorrow!

Cheers,
James

Nope, overall great condition bar the missing screws - Oh and I took the handle off too, but that could be replaced - it did the typical behringer snap-in-the-middle problem.

No knobs missing, all buttons and jacks work and no 'damage' to the carcass to speak of!

Cheers,
James