Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Envelope Filter

Floyd Pepper

[quote name='iamapirate' post='594879' date='Sep 10 2009, 04:48 PM']what do you mean by 'passive'. just that it only works with passive basses? Also, how old is the model and how old is your product? I'm reallly interested in this - I got no funk on my board at the moment![/quote]

Hi,
Yes, it is designed to work with Passive Basses only. I believe I'm right in saying that when Ashdown first brought out this pedal ( 2 years ago'ish? and when I bought it), they were only for passive basses. Fairly quickly afterwards, they were able to do a retro-fit so that they worked with active basses as well. As I was using only passive basses at the time, I never worried about sending it back and then I was using it less and less. I'm not sure if Ashdown would still do the active change or not, hence the low sale price.
Cheers,
Jim

I have an Ashdown dual compressor thats the same. Basically it clips if you put something too hot through it. The mods are [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/tech/pedals.asp"]here[/url] on the Ashdown site for those who fancy doing it themselves.

Edited by V4lve