Why become a member? ×

Chipped nut on my Status

Oscar South

A little of the nut of my Status has been chipped off (the bit between the E string and the edge of the neck), it looks like its not actually part of the neck itself but a bit thats been molded on seperately and I have all the parts, but how do you think it would be best to repair this? Remove the E string for 24 hours and set it with superglue or will this be too fragile? Should I send it in somewhere? Can anywhere repair damage like this?

Cheers,
Oscar.

[quote name='Oscar South' post='590134' date='Sep 4 2009, 08:32 PM']Is that just the number on Status' contact page? Gave it a call earlier but everyone must have gone home. I don't want to have to wait the whole weekend before I can fix it.. argh :wacko:

I guess I'll just have to be patient.[/quote]

Best be patient that cock it up ! :)

[quote name='Oscar South' post='590134' date='Sep 4 2009, 08:32 PM']Is that just the number on Status' contact page? Gave it a call earlier but everyone must have gone home. I don't want to have to wait the whole weekend before I can fix it.. argh :wacko:

I guess I'll just have to be patient.[/quote]Take it to Keith and the boys at KGB Music in Birkenhead, Barry will sort this out for you, he's just repaired a very poorly Steinberger guitar neck.

Tell them you need it done ASAP, otherwise you'll go into the queue of Doom.

Edited by steve-soar