Why become a member? ×

trace 4ohm cabs

witterth

Iv'e been offered a 4 ohm Trace elliot cab 2x10 and so,was thinking of looking for 4 ohm 4x10 or 1x15 to go with it, then have these powered by my (old) stereo mk v AH500 gp11 head (with a crossover setting/switch thing on the back) therefore running both cabs "full range" rather than hi-pass/low-pass
is this possible? is this a bolix idea?
do 4ohm 4x10/1x15 cabs-300w exist? and with a AH500 gp11 (made around 83/84 I think) will they deliver the good poke (matron) that the 8 ohm 4x10/1x15 cabs did?
I'm not sure of the ohm/impedance maths on all this,I know my old (broken I think)cabs were 8ohm (looked at the impedance thread and it made myhead hurt!)
untill all this rarity of 4 ohm cabs and ohmage thing came to light I thought I was getting somewhere..now.. :)
any Trace elliot gurus out there to help? I understand that most cabs up for sale are 8ohm,is that right?
I want to get on with doing some playing :rolleyes:
ATB
Witterth

Edited by witterth

I think there was only the 1524 2x15" and 1084 (H) 8x10" cabs that were 4 ohms.

There could be anomolies and one offs or others that i've never seen before

Somewhere is a 1153 300w 4 ohm cab that used to be mine but I changed the driver in it.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='586776' date='Sep 1 2009, 07:23 PM']I think there was only the 1524 2x15" and 1084 (H) 8x10" cabs that were 4 ohms.

There could be anomolies and one offs or others that i've never seen before

Somewhere is a 1153 300w 4 ohm cab that used to be mine but I changed the driver in it.[/quote]
TA :)