Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gibson 1978 Mk35 acoustic guitar £475

I have a vintage 1978 Gibson Mk35 acoustic guitar. Again, this is a 30yr old guitar so something for a collector or someone who knows what to expect. I'd grade this at about 7/10 to be fair. It's got a pickup under the bridge (just plug in through the rear strap button). There is some light varnish peeling on the underside in a space of about an inch that has never got worse in the last couple of years. The frets are ok but if you are planning hard play you may need to think about a re-fret in the next 2-5yrs. It has the Gibson pre-war logo (obviously the 70s take on retro!) and a great tone. I love this guitar and it's a reluctant sale but I just don't play it. It comes in an old case which doesn't have a logo & may / may not be original - the case is cracked and worn but does a fair job still. I reckon it could be original as it's old. The guitar looks & feels all original. Due to condition, I'll let this go for £475 - a snip of a price to get into the vintage guitar market! All the pics are of the actual guitar I own & not from another source

I'm reluctant to post after an accident in delivery with a tele a few years ago but live in West Berks. I've got 100% EBay feedback but I'd prefer to donate an equivilant fee to Basschat then pay the big guys. I've driven down the M4, up to Oxford or down in Hants in the past so I have some fleibility re delivery. Anyhow for those who like an occasional break from the 4 strings and want a proper vintage guitar, this is a cheap way of getting into that market. Cash on collection ideally but I can take Paypal.

Thanks for stopping by...