Why become a member? ×

Posting Images

happychappy

Hey everyone I'm new here so please be gentle!
I was trying to post a picture in the dog thread using attachments and the pictures were all incredably small with black borders no matter how much I resized them the black box wouldnt change size.
I read another post that said to use picasa or other image hosting sites.I uploaded the image to picasa and copyed the html link and put it in img codes and it wouldnt accept the html link for some reason
any help would be most appreciated.

Edited by happychappy

[quote name='happychappy' post='583526' date='Aug 28 2009, 01:29 PM']Hey everyone I'm new here so please be gentle!
I was trying to post a picture in the dog thread using attachments and the pictures were all incredably small with black borders no matter how much I resized them the black box wouldnt change size.
I read another post that said to use picasa or other image hosting sites.I uploaded the image to picasa and copyed the html link and put it in img codes and it wouldnt accept the html link for some reason
any help would be most appreciated.[/quote]
Those are thumbnails - clicking on them opens up a new window with full size versions

Hi mate

Yeah if you want the pic to just appear large under your post you will need to host them somewhere - like Photobucket. Once you upload a pic to photobucket it will give each image something called an IMG tag.

Simply copy + paste the IMG tag where you would like to see the pic and it will appear once you hit the reply button. It will look a bit like this (but without the spaces)

[ img ] picofdoggie.jpg [/ img]

Hope this helps
ped