Why become a member? ×

Moon Jazz dealers??

bubinga5

If you go to:

[url="http://www.moon-guitar.co.jp/"]http://www.moon-guitar.co.jp/[/url]

There's an extensive dealer list but it's all in Japanese and from what I can see, the dealers are all located in Japan. This isn't perhaps particularly helpful unless you have somebody to translate. You could try looking for a US distributor (as of around 2003, there wasn't a dealer in Europe - I'm not sure if this situation has changed). If you're flush, get a cheap ticket to Tokyo, it's one of the weirdest, most fascinating (but not most enjoyable) places I've been.

• 2 weeks later...

I found my Larry Graham fiver simply via google - but actual dealers? No luck, like lozbass already wrote.

I'd have to disagree on the enjoyableness of Japan, though. I've been there twice and it's not enough. Not nearly enough, not nearly often enough nor long enough. Of course, if one doesn't speak Japanese, (and who doesn't?) the country can be a little daunting, because not many people speak good English. Young adults are of course happy to speak English but, like young people everywhere, they hardly have anything worth listening to say.*

If you don't feel a need to 'make friends' with strangers on trains like yanks do, it shouldn't be a problem. The people there are very private. Politeness exceeds even the British standards! And for the love of god, do not ask for directions. Japanese are hopeless at giving directions, even in Japanese. The cuisine will be markedly different from British fare, to put it midly. Oh and you can drink the tap water without any risk of tourist diarrhea, there are practically no thieves, the yakuza want nothing to do with foreigners and they don't expect you to haggle about prices.

Visiting Japan can be a transformative thing, especially if you go in August, when it's rather hot, and decide to climb the mt. Fuji.

*this is compounded by the ills of Japanese English teaching, which mostly consists of rote learning of whole sentences.