Why become a member? ×

My Jaydee Mark King Series 1

Mowac

• 6 months later...

[font="Arial Black"][/font]Attention K-Mart Shoppers!

My Jaydee is getting a new facelift in the color department as we speak.

I'm retireing the pearl pink and changing it to a new to be announced at a later date.

More to come soon..........

Edited by Mowac

[quote name='MB1' post='580903' date='Aug 26 2009, 12:48 AM']MB1. :)
Hey Doc!
Your Old One!
Was this not the bass Mark put up as a prize in a competition in Musicians International magazine?....I know he originally signed it on the front in silver marker which was lacquered over. When i met Mark on the World Machine Tour i mentioned it as obviously i hadnt won it, He told me the guy who won the bass didnt actually play bass and had sold it to a shop....shortly after being presented with it,Mark saw it in the shop window and got polydor to get it back.....Is this the same bass?...does look like it!...[/quote]

I remember that competition, I entered it something like a dozen times hoping to win. You had to say how many parts made up a Jaydee MK bass, and there were anagrams of bass players names that you had to decipher (that was the 1st time I'd heard of Marcus Miller). I still have the magazine somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.......Here she is for the new unveiling.
My newly re-painted Series 1 in burnt orange.
I chose orange because it accents the hardware and really brings out the woodwork in the laminates and I haven't seen another Jaydee in this color.
I think it looks rather unique and different. Just didn't want a typical white,black,boring color. Couldn't really go with the cherry color as that would require too much sanding.
More photos to come when I get time.

Edited by Mowac

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='580929' date='Aug 26 2009, 01:45 AM']Mowac - that does look the business. Trying to imagine what I'd look like gigging a pink Jaydee in an indie covers band though....

Er, maybe not. Shame - it looks like fun.[/quote]

Well fear not about the color now my friend. Check it out now. It would look respectable gigging in an Indie cover band now wouldn't you think?

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Mowac' post='787604' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:20 AM']Well.......Here she is for the new unveiling.
My newly re-painted Series 1 in burnt orange.
I chose orange because it accents the hardware and really brings out the woodwork in the laminates and I haven't seen another Jaydee in this color.
I think it looks rather unique and different. Just didn't want a typical white,black,boring color. Couldn't really go with the cherry color as that would require too much sanding.
More photos to come when I get time.[/quote]
Hi, Jaydee actually have a colour very much like this- it's called 'volcano red'. I once had a Mark King series 2 in that very colour!

• 3 months later...

Hi all

i guess i have the very old Jay Dee bass you are talking about, the first one Mark King offered as give away in a contest...it's a supernatural SerNR 0004
as shown in Level 42 video : out of sight out of mind..... with the original case

with binding and round dot markers, not oval ones...... :)

[quote name='dafonky' post='1048422' date='Dec 5 2010, 05:07 PM']Hi all

i guess i have the very old Jay Dee bass you are talking about, the first one Mark King offered as give away in a contest...it's a supernatural SerNR 0004
as shown in Level 42 video : out of sight out of mind..... with the original case

with binding and round dot markers, not oval ones...... :)[/quote]
Hi, has it got black string anchors?