Why become a member? ×

Wal and TecAmp Puma

AndroWal

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='576258' date='Aug 21 2009, 12:16 AM']That's a great looking rig! And you have one of the 'hybrid' model Wals too... fabulous!![/quote]

Yes, 1981 I believe. It has a curious Vol pot with an off click built in - is the Pro series the same? I've not heard of another Custom that has one.

The rig sounds good as well.

How was the switch from my old Nemesis to the Eden you have now? I've always liked the Eden tone.....

D.

Edited by deksawyer

[quote name='deksawyer' post='575789' date='Aug 20 2009, 08:57 AM']YES!!

It's a magical combination. Brings out the natural 'zinngyness' of the Wal (and that's with 3 year old Elixirs fitted). I use a TecAmp M212.

D.[/quote]

Great looking set-up! And as silverfoxnik said, a great looking Wal as well.

My curiousity is due to recently acquiring a Puma 1000 to use with my Epi UL410 S1 8 ohm cab. I have been trying all my basses with it and have had a hard time getting a sound that is right for me with my Wals. Finally last evening with my fretted and this morning with my fretless I fell on some settings that gave me something I am happy with. The Puma is so different from my Eden WT800 that I've been using for 14 years. It is so bright!!! I actually have to cut the highs.

Thus...I wanted to get some input from experienced players and learn if my new amp and old cab combination is truly a good one or if I should be changing something out.

How do you set your Puma? I know it is very personal to your tastes and bass, but there are some similarities amoung all Wals! I understand when you mention "zinngyness!" Also, how do you like the 2x12s....do you think an 8 ohm cab with 2x12 would be good with the 1000's 1000 watts into it?

Thanks!!!

[quote name='deksawyer' post='576273' date='Aug 21 2009, 12:45 AM']It has a curious Vol pot with an off click built in - is the Pro series the same? I've not heard of another Custom that has one.[/quote]

My old Wal had this too. Apparently this was on quite a few early 80's Wals but the jig to add this feature to the pot broke and it would have cost too much to fix it.