Why become a member? ×

speaker connections

metalicman

[quote name='metalicman' post='570720' date='Aug 16 2009, 03:38 PM']hi i have always daisy chained my two cabs but i was told that the speakers work better if connected seperately from the amp and not daisy chained is this the case.
thanks[/quote]

Shouldn't make much odds if its still series or still paralell (depends on connections). Only thing is short cable runs between amp and cab is most beneficial, so aim for that.

[quote name='metalicman' post='570720' date='Aug 16 2009, 03:38 PM']hi i have always daisy chained my two cabs but i was told that the speakers work better if connected seperately from the amp and not daisy chained is this the case.
thanks[/quote]

Makes no odds other than try and keep the leads as short as poss. Just need to make sure that the leads can handle the current if it's a very high output amp so running 2 leads in parallel will help with this but makes no difference to the sound.

I was buying a HiFi years ago and the guy in the shop told me the speaker leads had to be the same length within a few mm. I asked why and his reply was the delay could be heard by his trained ears! After I picked myself off the floor I asked for a calulator and did the maths for him, turned out the difference in length would have to be something like 100's of miles before he would hear any delay. He didn't believe me and I guess still thinks he can hear the delay over a few feet of near the speed of light when the sound is at the speed of sound. So, I guess if people think they can hear or see something then they can.

[quote name='DHA' post='571374' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:43 AM']Makes no odds other than try and keep the leads as short as poss. Just need to make sure that the leads can handle the current if it's a very high output amp so running 2 leads in parallel will help with this but makes no difference to the sound.

I was buying a HiFi years ago and the guy in the shop told me the speaker leads had to be the same length within a few mm. I asked why and his reply was the delay could be heard by his trained ears! After I picked myself off the floor I asked for a calulator and did the maths for him, turned out the difference in length would have to be something like 100's of miles before he would hear any delay. He didn't believe me and I guess still thinks he can hear the delay over a few feet of near the speed of light when the sound is at the speed of sound. So, I guess if people think they can hear or see something then they can.[/quote]

he he he yep recon your rite. just got new rig mark bass 600 mo mark head and 2 4x10 of their classic cabs storming system it was just something i had never thort about before as i have been daisy chaining my rigs for years without any probs so it was just a matter of interest but many thanks
chris

[quote name='DHA' post='571374' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:43 AM']I was buying a HiFi years ago and the guy in the shop told me the speaker leads had to be the same length within a few mm. I asked why and his reply was the delay could be heard by his trained ears...[/quote]

I wonder what he'd have done if he'd realised how many extra dozens of feet of wire the signal to the woofers had to run through compared to the tweeter...

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='572124' date='Aug 17 2009, 09:17 PM']I wonder what he'd have done if he'd realised how many extra dozens of feet of wire the signal to the woofers had to run through compared to the tweeter...

Alex[/quote]

Good point, well made! LOL

• 8 months later...