Why become a member? ×

My Bass's feedback

silverfoxnik

Had the pleasure of meeting My Bass recently and he's great to deal with!

Excellent comunications throughout, good equipment that's well looked after and very honest and upfront about everything.

For those that don't know, Peter also builds some very fine basses himself that are really worth checking out!! :) Very tempting.....

Nik

Thankyou very much Silverfoxnik. I must admit I do like to doodle with a bit of wood.
To explain..I am a pro player, having spent the last 25 years on fretless bass. This led me to conclude that getting the "right" fretless action was down to doing it for myself. This led to a serious hobby of wood to basses. I have been playing and recording with my own basses for 10+ years. I make them usually from english ash bodies, sometimes swamp ash, ( not so punchy), maple neck and maccassar ebony fingerboard. Schaller hardware usually used for tuners and 3D bridge. I usually put Seymour Duncan actives on. I will often "play" the bass in myself, sometimes on gigs, adjusting stuff as I go along. This way I know it should be set up to a good optimum playing feel.
I should try and post a pic soon as I have one new one almost finished and another awaiting wood for the neck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='steve' post='88883' date='Nov 15 2007, 12:17 PM']Just bought a bass case from Pete, he's a brilliant chap to deal with, - friendly and helpful, I can't recommend him enough,

cheers mate[/quote]

Thanks Steve, feedback is always appreciated. Glad the case made it up to you ok.