Why become a member? ×

Roscoe SKB 3005....Last price £1350.00

Flanker

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

What's the string spacing like on this lovely? What would you compare the sound of this bass to? I've heard people say that Roscoes sound like the best P-bass but a 5 string. 35" scale? What you gassing for now?

Ian

Hi Ian

I've just tried to confirm the string spacing on the Roscoe website but can't find it, it's very comfy for me anyway and I have smallish hands. That's the reason I sold the Celinders really as they are just a bit too chunky for me - still my favourites otherwise though! I'm sticking to the 4's for now.

The Roscoe has a very full tone and quite versatile too,I'm sure you are aware that it has a reputation for having an awesome B string. I love the tone but with the Bartolini electrics the slap lets it down but I was talking to Mr BassDirect today(Mark) and he says that Nordstrand pickups can sort that out.

It is 35" scale.

I'm still loving the Fbass, actually the more I play it the more I like it - which is nice! I would like a really light Jazz bass so I'm considering the Nordstrand VJ5. They are meant to be really nice basses and they often come in between 8 to 9 lbs which is great. We'll see!

I'm very happy with my amplification: EBS classic pre/QSC/Epi410ul and I also have a Mesa walkabout which is just fantastic , especially played through my other Epi 212NYC cab, which usually gets an old Ashdown ABM400 through it! Looking at that lot I should be bloody well happy eh?

Anyway there's a possible trade in the air - for an old bass of mine! :)