Why become a member? ×

Affordable 5 string sweetspot bass?

Doc B

Hi, haven't read all the thread so maybe someone already suggested it, but for your requirements, the Rockbass Corvette 5 would be perfect.

I have a 5 string Rockbass - the tone is superb, cracking B string and nice thin playable neck. It's well within budget too, you should get a decent one for under 200 notes.

They are a seriously under-rated bass!

Cheers

AM

Edited by AM1

[quote name='Brave Sir Robin' post='579264' date='Aug 24 2009, 05:01 PM']The new rockbasses will be even better, with 2 piece bridge and cleaner headstock.

... but he want a 'sweetspot' bass, a-la musicman :) Maybe the rockbass $$![/quote]

That sounds like a plan :rolleyes:
I'd hold tight for a Rockbass $$ - any ETA on those?

Eude

Apparently at the end of the year, I'd say 2010. They were suppose to be available this summer. Basically I wouldn't hold my breath for too long.

[url="http://forum.warwick.de/17-warwick-rockbasses/8120-so-where-new-2009-rockbasses-up-warwick-website.html"]http://forum.warwick.de/17-warwick-rockbas...ck-website.html[/url]

The $$ will be passive, and no coil switch like its big brother. However, I'm sure plenty will have a go at 'pimping' those.

[quote name='eude' post='579374' date='Aug 24 2009, 06:48 PM']That sounds like a plan :)
I'd hold tight for a Rockbass $$ - any ETA on those?

Eude[/quote]

Yeah - I've been watching that thread for a while to check for updates on the RB Corvette $$

Someone on Warwick.de posted this link too:

[url="http://www.bassnw.com/New%20Standard%20Basses/warwick_rockbass_corvette_db_5_honey.htm"]New Rockbass Corvette[/url]

[quote name='Doc B' post='582157' date='Aug 27 2009, 09:46 AM']Yeah - I've been watching that thread for a while to check for updates on the RB Corvette $$

Someone on Warwick.de posted this link too:

[url="http://www.bassnw.com/New%20Standard%20Basses/warwick_rockbass_corvette_db_5_honey.htm"]New Rockbass Corvette[/url][/quote]

"...retail price of 1200$..."

Yeah, suuure... 1200 bucks for a rockbass... Now, if you'd excuse me, Im gonna LOL a big one!

[quote name='Fraktal' post='582249' date='Aug 27 2009, 10:43 AM']"...retail price of 1200$..."

Yeah, suuure... 1200 bucks for a rockbass... Now, if you'd excuse me, Im gonna LOL a big one![/quote]

Aaaah don't underestimte the power of the rockbass.

The rockbass is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It is seriously under-rated!

I'd love to try a 4 string rockbass but haven't seen one in the flesh - but the 5 is awesome...that low B just rumbles like a f*cking beast! I really, really LOVE this bass!

I'm having some quality alone time with the Rockbass as we speak, there's just nothing better than a blissful evening time bass love-in! :)

Life is good.

:rolleyes:

[quote name='AM1' post='582810' date='Aug 27 2009, 08:40 PM']Aaaah don't underestimte the power of the rockbass.

The rockbass is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It is seriously under-rated!

I'd love to try a 4 string rockbass but haven't seen one in the flesh - but the 5 is awesome...that low B just rumbles like a f*cking beast! I really, really LOVE this bass!

I'm having some quality alone time with the Rockbass as we speak, there's just nothing better than a blissful evening time bass love-in! :)

Life is good.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Haha, dont get me wrong! I LOOOOVE the Rockbass Streamer Standard, amazing tone! You are completely right, they are seriously underrated and the B string is so tight and defined that after years of playing it I still cant believe I payed 300 bucks for this bass.

The complaint was about the price, not the bass itself. Surely its gonna be a tone beast, but that price is excesive by all means for a chinese instrument. Hell, there are a few proper german Warwick 5stringers retailing under 1200$. I dont even believe thats gonna be the official retail price.

Edited by Fraktal