Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Alan Woody bass

gary mac

A mate of mine has offered me one of these basses and I know nothing about them, I know I could do a search on the net, but would appreciate the opinion of forum members.

What I do know: Alan Woody Rumblekat signature bass.
Korean built.
Hollow body.

Perfect condition.

Original hard case.

What I don't know: Value. Build quality. Playability etc.

I was thinking of getting it for my daughter, who is struggling a bit with the neck length of her squier jazz.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

All the best, Gary

I had one of these a few years back for a particular project which fell through and I sold it without ever playing it through my actual gig set-up until the evening the new owner was coming to collect. Gutted when I heard it only to see it leave a few minutes later. Really full, beefy sound with rounded (but not as blunt as you might think) top end.

Fit and finish on mine was excellent and while I didn't spend a whole lot of time setting it up, the action etc. was as good as the initial condition of most of the other basses that have arrived on my doorstep over the past few years (Fenders, Warwicks, Laklands, Yamahas).

I'm still on the look-out for a second hand one at the right price. Can buy for £350ish new. Mine sold for £220 after a relatively long time on the market.