Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** 2 x John Mayer Tickets (Royal Albert Hall - London) **SOLD**

a couple of mates have just pulled out on this gig, not really leaving me enough time to stick these on Ebay. the gig's a sell out so I may be able to flog them back to the box office, just thought I'd give it a whirl on here before I consider other options.......

not trying to make a profit, just recoup what I spent: £30 each plus £3.50 booking fee..... drop me a PM if you're interested.

PS: Newton Faulkner's opening the show also, so it'll be a great gig from start to finish!

Edited by bassmandan

[quote name='ped' post='60462' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:39 PM']Pretty random, that - I just started listening to John yesterday. 'Contunuum' is a great album! Love the production on it.[/quote]

perfect opportunity to take it to the next level then Ped!...... Driving down the M40 Monday Lunchtime too, you can even thumb a lift!..... er, not coming back til Wed though as I'm going to both gigs!

Continuum's got to have been my favourite album of the last five years, as you say, impeccably produced; plus some of the most lush guitar tones I've EVER heard on record..... and a bit of Pino for good measure of course!

Oh? I was going to find out who plays bass but it sounds like you are abit of a pro - My fave tracks are number 2 and 'Vultures' and 'Dancing in a room' or something, cant remember off the top of my head. Who plays on those?? Very nice and understated nevertheless. Bass drum sound in 'Vultures is perfect!

Sale pending! wow that was quick......

Ped, Pino's on the whole album and it was all co-produced by drumming supremo Steve Jordan hence the kit always sounding tasty I guess! There's a live Trio album kicking around out there that was released a couple of years back which is also great...... sheesh, listen to me, you're right Ped, I really am a Mayer-Geek! I'll stop now!......

Dan

PS: slow dancing in a burning room's also my favourite track.

Thats the one! Thanks very much for the info mate. I am looking forward to listening to the album again! I noticed he has loads of albums, presumably with various musicians - what else would you reccomend to a chap who likes excellent production and tight grooves ;0)

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='60546' date='Sep 14 2007, 07:10 PM']Thats the one! Thanks very much for the info mate. I am looking forward to listening to the album again! I noticed he has loads of albums, presumably with various musicians - what else would you reccomend to a chap who likes excellent production and tight grooves ;0)

Cheers
ped[/quote]

hmmm, the pressure's on! I'll have to think on that for a bit, it's gonna have to be pretty amazing to measure up to Continuum, have you ever checked out Ozomatli? It's a very different kinda thing (stronger on the grooves front, than the production) but very interesting nevertheless...... I'll think on and let you know! - Dan

Appreciate it mate. I discovered Meyer through my custom radio station at pandora.com and got the album straight away. I think it likened it to Steely Dan, which I guess is true in terms of production at the very least.

I haven't knowingly heard Ozomatli but have been told I would like them too - added to my list! One band I also came accross that was quite fun was 'Hootie and the Blowfish' lol

Cheers
ped