Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP11 MkV Combo

auburnwarrior

Early to mid-1980's Trace Elliot 1110 Combo for sale.

This is a classic Trace combo, comprising the GP11 MkV preamp, and a 150w power amp, with 4 x 10 Celestion speakers. I replaced these which is the reason for the different coloured cones. I have the original speakers too which can be included in the sale. As far as I'm aware they where in perfect working order when I took them out. I cannot for the life of me remember why I wanted to replace them in the first instance?!

The black vinyl covering is slightly marked in places, but given its age, is in good condition.

All knobs are present and only one slider on the graphic EQ is missing; it is still possible to adjust this. Everything works a treat, with the exception that the Graphic and Pre-Shape switches can be a bit recalcitrant (common fault with the GP11) but a couple of prods sorts things just fine! These functions work perfectly with the Trace footswitch (not included but they do pop up on eBay from time to time).

There's a speaker output for a second 4 Ohm cabinet if required.

Looking for £250 ono

[attachment=30706:DSC00433.JPG]

[attachment=30707:DSC00434.JPG]

[attachment=30708:DSC00437.JPG]

[attachment=30709:DSC00439_1.JPG]

[attachment=30710:DSC00440_1.JPG]

Edited by auburnwarrior

• 4 months later...

i sold my one on Ebay last week for £360 so this is a bit of a bargain.

Are you sure that it takes a 4ohm cab?

These didn;t come from trace with the facility to add an extension cab but was something that trace could modify. It will take another 8ohm cab to make it 4ohm altogether.

If you're happy to pack it up and for someone to pay for it, parcelmonkey will ship this for around £70. That's how much someone wanted my one :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Delberthot' post='696097' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:15 AM']i sold my one on Ebay last week for £360 so this is a bit of a bargain.

Are you sure that it takes a 4ohm cab?

These didn;t come from trace with the facility to add an extension cab but was something that trace could modify. It will take another 8ohm cab to make it 4ohm altogether.

If you're happy to pack it up and for someone to pay for it, parcelmonkey will ship this for around £70. That's how much someone wanted my one :rolleyes:[/quote]

I can't believe you managed to get £360 for this, that's brilliant!

I had it up on Ebay last year and it didn't even reach the reserve... I guess it just depends on whose looking at the time :)