Why become a member? ×

My BC Rich Mockingbird

Wil

Out of interest I checked out your link, I don't want to be seen to be telling you how to sell something but... From a totally objective viewpoint the fact that your warning people about the distortion and it's all for the sake of a £2 Duracell, that screams problems to me! If indeed the battery is flat (I'd be surprised that it's causing distortion), for the cost of a battery why not replace it and put prospective buyers minds at ease.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='63348' date='Sep 20 2007, 10:12 PM']Out of interest I checked out your link, I don't want to be seen to be telling you how to sell something but... From a totally objective viewpoint the fact that your warning people about the distortion and it's all for the sake of a £2 Duracell, that screams problems to me! If indeed the battery is flat (I'd be surprised that it's causing distortion), for the cost of a battery why not replace it and put prospective buyers minds at ease.[/quote]

[quote name='Wil' post='63372' date='Sep 20 2007, 10:56 PM']Because the bass is round my drummer's house, and I'm a lazy bugger :)[/quote]

Really?

Great that you're being honest but a strange approach to selling.

Batteries not included is hardly the end of the world, though, is it? If it were a proper active preamp with bass/treble boost/cut and that sort of thing I would have put a battery in, but as its only a volume booster the buyer can put one in if he wants to use it.

Or, they can turn up the gain on their amp for free :)

[quote name='Wil' post='64360' date='Sep 23 2007, 02:00 PM']Batteries not included is hardly the end of the world, though, is it? If it were a proper active preamp with bass/treble boost/cut and that sort of thing I would have put a battery in, but as its only a volume booster the buyer can put one in if he wants to use it.

Or, they can turn up the gain on their amp for free :)[/quote]

Hopefully you aren't misinterpreting the advice being given but seriously if I were looking for a bass and came across your ad' the alarm bells would be going off and the first thing I'd be asking myself is 'if that's all it is why hasn't the seller changed the battery...'!

It doesn't matter a jot to me if the bass goes for £160 or £360, it's not my bass but as a fellow BCer and regular eBayer I'm simply trying to offer advice.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='64449' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:23 PM']I just won, sent you an ebay message about sollection and paying. I have such great timing with moving house, just bought a 4x10 too.[/quote]

You're Luke's basssist are you not? Cool beans. It might be easier for me to drop it round to you if you are in Bristol, send a message to my drummer on ebay and let him know whether you'd like it posted or if you are local to Bedminster area and we'll sort something out.