Why become a member? ×

electroharmonix bass enigma

ahpook

[quote name='lateralus462' post='569781' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:40 AM']These pedals look awesome - I think I'm going to get one even though it will mean getting a bigger pedal board (I have no room left on mine).[/quote]

know how you feel ! do let us know how you get on with the enigma if you do get one.

[quote name='ahpook' post='569808' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:44 AM']know how you feel ! do let us know how you get on with the enigma if you do get one.[/quote]

I will be ordering one next week when I get paid - I'll post my thoughts up here after I've had a chance to get to grips with it. I think I might need to get an expression pedal to go with it as well - that function looks pretty kick ass!!

Edited by lateralus462

[quote name='lateralus462' post='570101' date='Aug 15 2009, 06:16 PM']I will be ordering one next week when I get paid - I'll post my thoughts up here after I've had a chance to get to grips with it. I think I might need to get an expression pedal to go with it as well - that function looks pretty kick ass!![/quote]

nicely nicely :)

I got one earlier today :) It's a very good pedal, I can get all sorts of weird and wonderful sounds out of it. The thing is that this is my first proper pedal (other than my Bass Big Muff that came today too), and that it's so tweakable, I need to spend a lot more time with it to use it to its full potential. I did manage to get a cool techno sound out of it earlier (can't remember the settings :rolleyes: had the distortion on though). Good buy! Once I get used to it I'll post some clips or something

Edited by SuperMaximo

Here's a sound clip: [url="http://www.supload.com/listen?s=Tjm4O6"]http://www.supload.com/listen?s=Tjm4O6[/url]

About 6 or 7 minutes long. I was basically twisting knobs almost randomly so a lot of the sounds sound kinda the same or get a bit too loud or quiet in places. A lot of synthy sounds in there. If you're looking for a particular sound, just ask and I'll try my best to find it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BassKS

this pedal looks the balls. OK, now i think the EHX person is being a bit cheeky he's got the distortion on it continuously and its sounds like a bassballs, although more versatile. If the filter itself is really good or as good as Qtron but with the added start,stop attack, release mod cons then this is the best pedal for bass that came out of EHX.

Thats why I had Q tron and sold it and got a Meatballs and Sold that as it was too expensive. This could have the best of both worlds and is smaller than Meatballs. an 1/8th of the volume in fact.....