Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SWR WorkingPro 12 200w combo

Having just taken delivery of my Barefaced Compact and an ebay-purchased Trace head I now have my SWR Working Pro 12 200w combo amp for sale.

I’ve only owned this for about five months, having purchased it new from The Bass Merchant. I bought it to use with my 7 piece band as we were putting everything through the PA and needed a good quality combo to use for on stage monitoring – something the tilt back design of the SWR is ideally suited to. More or less immediately the band got their next gig blown out and took a Summer hiatus! Anyway, a new band with a smaller line up has meant a move back to a amp & cab set up, so the SWR has to go.

It’s an excellent sounding combo with a number of useful ‘real world’ features, such as the Aural Enhancer (can’t tell you how it works but it certainly added a bit of presence and definition in the mid range, I found). It delivers its full 200w into the internal speaker, meaning it’s plenty loud enough for rehearsals and small to medium sized gigs. Below are a couple of useful links from the SWR website that will do a better job than I of describing all the amp’s facilities. The first is the Specifications and the second a PDF of the manual:

[url="http://www.swrsound.com/products//view_specs.php?full_partno=4452200010&name=WorkingPro%26trade%3B12"]http://www.swrsound.com/products//view_spe...ro%26trade%3B12[/url]

[url="http://www.swrsound.com/support/manuals/pdfs/WorkingPro_12.pdf"]http://www.swrsound.com/support/manuals/pd...rkingPro_12.pdf[/url]

Condition is excellent. It’s never been gigged and only been used in a half a dozen rehearsals. The sound from the 12” speaker is tight and punchy and is really is a good compromise between power, performance and portability (all the ‘P’s, in fact!). This is the wee beasty:

This cost £449 from The Bass Merchant just five months ago so I’m really looking for £325. No offers and I can’t take Paypal at that price unless the buyer pays the fees. Sorry but a £125 loss in five months is really as much as I can take and, in all honesty, at that price it’s a bit of a snip. Can’t ‘post’ as I’ve no packaging but you’re welcome to try before you buy if you fancy a trip to the fair city of Chester. Oh. I can deliver up to a reasonable distance too. Oh, it will also be supplied with both the manual and the guarantee regristration card, which I've not yet sent off. Thanks for looking folks.

Edited by Bass Culture

Having bought my Markbass head from him, I'd just like to add that Mark is one of the nicest guys I've ever met through BC and you can do a deal with him with 100% confidence. A mutual love of football will also ensure a couple of extra hours of conversation! :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rob! Aaaarrrrgggghh - the rack mount brackets are still in my desk! You know, I've been trying to get that damn Sterling Ltd Ed of yours out of my mind but I think I'm in love!

Anyway, enough of this yacking, I've got an amp to sell...

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='561544' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:15 PM']Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rob! Aaaarrrrgggghh - the rack mount brackets are still in my desk! You know, I've been trying to get that damn Sterling Ltd Ed of yours out of my mind but I think I'm in love!

Anyway, enough of this yacking, I've got an amp to sell...[/quote]

Lol, it's sold now, so you can take your foot off the GAS. :)

Good luck with the sale, it's clearly a great combo and won't be around for long!

A midweek bump before ebay at the weekend. If anyone's debating about this though do drop me a line - I'd much rather it went to a Basschatter and if it's a case of cashflow problems at this precise moment I'm sure something can be worked out as I'm not desperate to turn this round urgently or anything.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...