Why become a member? ×

m audio?

TGEvans

I've got their Firewire 1814 here which I use with Pro Tools M-Powered. It's a good interface, never had it crash either or Mac or PC, sounds good, tons of quality I/O for the money. All the knobs and switches feel a bit cheap though. I've never had a failure on it (I've been using it 18 months) but mine doesn't travel often. If you're looking for something portable maybe look elsewhere for something more rugged, but for a home studio it should be fine.

+1 for the fast-track pro - good interface. Needs some care setting up, especially if you're using Windows (XP). Should plug straight into a Mac without too much hassle, although it's recommended that you install the drivers anyway to make use of all the features. What application did you have in mind for the box?

Works well into Audacity, very low latency. Haven't really tried it with the bundled software (IIRC it comes with Pro-Tools M-Powered and Ableton Live M).

Fine for dual mono or stereo recordings - have had good results with my Rode NT4 microphone as well as recording/practicing with bass direct. Still haven't quite figured out how to use the SPDIF inputs at the same time though, also haven't tried the MIDI interface either.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on

Ian