Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Pensa Custom 4 string FRETLESS J bass

Steve A

Sadly I'm having to sell my beautiful Pensa Custom fretless 4 string. This bass is, in my opinion, the best playing and sounding fretless I have ever played. It doesn't get a huge amount of use but I did hope to play it in a jazz trio I recently started. Unfortunately I need to sell this beauty in order to free up my financial situation.

The bass was made in 1996 for an American session player, the date of this transaction and the player's initials appear on the neck plate.

The bass is in good condition apart from a few dings on the lower horn and top edge near the bottom of the bass. Not sure of the body wood but it's possibly Alder and the fingerboard is ebony with lines. Chrome hardware with Badass bridge and Hipshot D-tuner.

The pickups are incredible Lindy Fralins and the Pensa electronics comprise pickup volume (x2), treble, bass (in active mode) and a selector switch which gives active, passive and mute. The treble knob is also a passive tone control.

The sound is huge and warm, the back pickup is honky and tight, but beautiful!

£1000.

Edited by funkmunky

Sounds like a great bass. I deleted the duplicate in case you were wondering!! I THINK that if nobody has replied you can delete your own post by using a menu at the bottom left, although I am not 100% on that!!

ta
ped

[quote name='ped' post='58835' date='Sep 11 2007, 04:35 PM']Sounds like a great bass. I deleted the duplicate in case you were wondering!! I THINK that if nobody has replied you can delete your own post by using a menu at the bottom left, although I am not 100% on that!!

ta
ped[/quote]

Thanks Ped!

[quote name='Mike' post='58896' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:10 PM']Wow. Very Richard Bona. Can't wait to see pics.[/quote]

Yes very Richard Bona, that's what inspired me to buy it when it came up for sale a while back... you can get that sound out of it... it's beautiful... I feel sick about selling it but it has to go.

[quote name='Magnolia' post='58987' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:41 PM']Stunning bass. Pensa Basses are among the best i have ever played. Was is you that had a Pensa Suhr Fretted?

Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick,

No it wasn't but I bought this fretless off a chap who was selling a fretted Pensa Suhr as well.

I hope this doesn't sell. At the same time I hope it does .... :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...