Why become a member? ×

Fretless Fender Precision - White, MIJ, Schaller tuners - take a look!

aj5string

Right, I'm [u][b]thinking[/b][/u] about selling this, only because something amazing that I would really really like has come up. IF that sells before I sell this then I will gladly keep it as it is an amazing bass, and really does sound superb.

It is a MIJ Fender body, with original MIJ Pickups bridge etc... in a lovely authentic aged white (as it is an early 80s body). The neck is a might mite, with some nice flaming, and a really really nice profile - Jazz width really. It has schaller tuners. TBH - looks stunning with the white body, black hardware and unlined black fretboard.

Check the pics - admittedly, not the best but the lights a bit funny.

Like I said, if this doesn't sell I won't be gutted at all, and will happily keep it.

[u][b]Will sell for £300[/b][/u]

[attachment=29563:SS850592.JPG]

[attachment=29569:SS850593.JPG]

[attachment=29570:SS850596.JPG]

Any questions please ask. I'm in Torquay, and am happy to post.

Alex.

Edited by aj5string

I put this bass together and ended up swapping it for Alex's fretless Warwick Fortress. I felt I need an active bass to match my Corvette $$. This really is a lovely bass. And it does look ace.

Have a bump on me, mate.

EDIT: It's a 1992 btw. All original apart from the neck obviously.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='aj5string' post='556823' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:28 AM']It has side dots - where the frets would be... prob the best option for an unlined fretless imho.

The neck is more Jazz than Precision I would say.

Hope that helps.

Alex.[/quote]
Unfortunately it does :)

You may have PM once I have consulted my wallet!

[quote name='bythesea' post='556850' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:49 AM']Unfortunately it does :)

You may have PM once I have consulted my wallet![/quote]

I can confirm that you will love this bass. I kinda wish I still had it. I was going to put an ACG pre in it because I need an active FL but thought better of it. It plays beautifully. Really lovely neck and those Schallers are fantastic tuners. I reckon £300 is a bit of a bargain thb.

Hi - i think the fretboard is actually ebanol - but not 100% on that... its very dark, and scrubs up really well; with very few string marks on it (I'm using half wounds and have used flats and rounds in the past).

I'll sort a pic asap...

[quote name='aj5string' post='557028' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:40 PM']Pics as requested - really hard to get the flame on the neck, but you can get the idea i hope!

Alex.

[attachment=30023:SS850599.JPG] [attachment=30024:SS850600.JPG] [attachment=30025:SS850601.JPG][/quote]

Thanks, nice looking bass. Will give it some thought ...

[quote name='aj5string' post='557022' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:32 PM']Hi - i think the fretboard is actually ebanol - but not 100% on that... its very dark, and scrubs up really well; with very few string marks on it (I'm using half wounds and have used flats and rounds in the past).

I'll sort a pic asap...[/quote]

Hello mate, the board is indeed ebanol.