Why become a member? ×

I Need A New Bass...

Lew-Bass

My 5-string isn't easily playable enough for me as it has a really flat fingerboard radius and a wide neck, so I'm looking for a bass with the following specification:

- 4-String, [b]left-handed[/b]
- Very slim, 'rounded' neck (ala a jazz bass)
- Active
- Two p'ups (no P-bass pickups)
- Adequate space between the top p'up and the fingerboard for slap

I like a nice warm, clean, almost 'vintage' tone. I'll be playing metal and indie mainly.

Ideally, the fretboard would be unlined fretless but I know that they're basically none existant at my price range, which is a maximum of [b]£500[/b], I'm willing to go for excellent condition S/H's.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm stumped so far, any recommendations much appreciated

I'd say a Warwick Corvette ash second hand with a pre, but their necks are anything but slim.

also, Yamaha BB614F left handed, but it does have a P-bass pickup, and the pre is a bit cheap.

Cort B5 fretless. MK1 electronics (like the ibanez SRs).

In any case, a left handed bass, fretless, will be hard to come by. Unless you are willing to defret it.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='551096' date='Jul 25 2009, 01:49 PM']this....? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52779"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52779[/url]

status have good necks[/quote]

If it was a lefty then yes, I'd be interested.

Thanks for all the other suggestions, I do like the aesthetics and tone of Warwicks, but as said they really are chunky necks. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a lefty!

[quote name='wrinkleygit' post='551590' date='Jul 26 2009, 09:24 AM']You could always do what hendrix did & buy this-

[attachment=29589:2005_040...spic0001.JPG]

see for sale ads post,status energy fretless,best of luck,mike ,[/quote]

Thanks mate, but I'm not really keen on the idea of just re-stringing as the control knobs will be awkward to access and my hinder me and to be frank it would just look a tad odd. Also, one of the reasons I'm in need of a new bass is that I just don't trust myself on an unlined board; I know my way around it pretty well, but better safe than sorry in this case