Why become a member? ×

srx 500

mrcrow

I have one. It's a great bass with a great feel. Be advised that the pickups are not standard size and are very hot. Great for metal and hard rock, a bit overly untamed for other styles of music. I am selling mine, though, as I have gone over to five strings.

If you think you'll like it, I'm sure you'll really enjoy the bass. I loved mine and am a bit sad with it being up for grabs, but that's the way it goes!

SR, like the BTB series is a flat sounding bass that changes through the pre-amp into whatever you want.
SRX is an ultra hot output, punchy sounding bass, but I know one bassist who uses on in Jazz very well.

Personally I'd take the SRX because it has a punchier tone rather than a flatter one (and I own a few Ibanez basses to have tried this) but they don't have a prestige model...that's the only downfall.
SRX are even through neck now. :)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='549267' date='Jul 23 2009, 06:41 PM']With reference to the soapbars, are you sure you're not confusing the srx500 with the [i]SR500[/i] Either model is plenty good enough, though the SR is arguably the better all-rounder than the srx.[/quote]

yes..i see the soapbar one is a ....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290332958487"]link to ebay[/url]

which i am watching if the 500 goes...it will be close

i am selling my shuker 51P

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='551848' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:01 PM']It's a real beaut though.

Many (nearly 40 yrs) ogo I had a mate that had a Vincent motor in an Egli frame, it was a dog too :)[/quote]

[url="http://www.godet-motorcycles.com/egli/egli.htm"]those were the days my friend[/url]

when bob mac ruled on the honda privat.. :rolleyes:

Edited by mrcrow

[quote name='mrcrow' post='551296' date='Jul 25 2009, 06:45 PM']yes..i see the soapbar one is a ....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290332958487"]link to ebay[/url]

which i am watching if the 500 goes...it will be close

i am selling my shuker 51P[/quote]

And if you don't, I may well...
I had an EDB600 which was KIA. Excellent bass it was, too. Got to watch the Luthite bodies. They break really easily.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='551886' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:49 PM']And if you don't, I may well...
I had an EDB600 which was KIA. Excellent bass it was, too. Got to watch the Luthite bodies. They break really easily.[/quote]

will post here tomorrow either way

dont think i will bid on the luthite one...go ahead

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='551874' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:37 PM']Bob MacKintyre, a real hero :)

When my new Z750 (4) broke down in North London in 1980 a guy came out in a van to help me put a new clutch cable on - one Graeme Crosby no less :rolleyes:[/quote]

thats a real thrill...he's a bit after my time but i recognise the name and class of rider

my heros apart from bob mac
(met bob at kirkaldy races, he was on a borrowed works honda and lapped the whole field and toured in to a resounding cheer)were hailwood,hocking, minter, mooneyes cooper etc

sort of 1961-1965

Edited by mrcrow

I have LP's of riders like that circulating the IoM in the 50's and 60's. I started riding to Brands and Snetterton when Sheene, Smart, Haslam (The older brother who was killed) and Dave Croxford were riding. One of my favourite riders of that time was Peter Williams. I think I saw Minter and Ivy ride but I'm not certain. Was Minter the King of Brands?

The Transatlantic Trophy races were fun too with Read, DuHamel, Roberts et al :)

Good times.

Mind Rossi is immense nowadays.

I remember the Saarinen incident well too, a sad day.

Are we a little of track with this?

:rolleyes:

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='551969' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:29 PM']I have LP's of riders like that circulating the IoM in the 50's and 60's. I started riding to Brands and Snetterton when Sheene, Smart, Haslam (The older brother who was killed) and Dave Croxford were riding. One of my favourite riders of that time was Peter Williams. I think I saw Minter and Ivy ride but I'm not certain. Was Minter the King of Brands?

The Transatlantic Trophy races were fun too with Read, DuHamel, Roberts et al :rolleyes:

Good times.

Mind Rossi is immense nowadays.

I remember the Saarinen incident well too, a sad day.

Are we a little of track with this?

:lol:[/quote]

yes way OT you are [b]fender jazz [/b][u][/u]right to point that out

:)

cheers

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='551886' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:49 PM']And if you don't, I may well...
I had an EDB600 which was KIA. Excellent bass it was, too. Got to watch the Luthite bodies. They break really easily.[/quote]

two bidders now....are you in

its not me