Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL902C **SOLD**

obbm

Now I have a rather excellent MB F1 I have no real need for the Epifani UL902C. Dual channel pre-amp plus 2 x 900-watt power amps. Oodles of headroom. A bit too much power for the local jam. :)

It was bought to drive a pair of UL310s but my cab/head line-up has changed so much that realistically I have no need for it.

Complete with Epi footswitch.

£1150 plus carriage/postage/diesel.

Not especially interested in trades at the moment, and certainly not amps, but maybe 5-strings.

Why not buy this and the 2 x UL410s that are currently up for sale and have an awesome rig.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='Sugden' post='547884' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:40 PM']Cheeky question wouldn't like to part with the epi footswitch would you?[/quote]

Only if whoever buys the amp doen't want it. :)

• 2 months later...

I'd be interested to know what you run this into (cabs). I've got Epifani UL115 and UL210 (both 500W @ 8 ohms I think). At the moment I use an SWR SM900. I hear the 902C produces a good sound through the Epifani cabs, and the amp is a little simpler than the SWR. Also I should be able to configure it so that I can use the two channels to switch sounds while being able to drive both cabs to capacity. Thanks, NS

[quote name='NAS' post='615260' date='Oct 2 2009, 09:30 PM']I'd be interested to know what you run this into (cabs). I've got Epifani UL115 and UL210 (both 500W @ 8 ohms I think). At the moment I use an SWR SM900. I hear the 902C produces a good sound through the Epifani cabs, and the amp is a little simpler than the SWR. Also I should be able to configure it so that I can use the two channels to switch sounds while being able to drive both cabs to capacity. Thanks, NS[/quote]

I originally got it to drive 2 x UL310 (5.3-ohm each) but ended up gigging it with my pair of 1 x 12s, UL112 + T112NYC, (both 8-ohms).

Very clean punchy sound and oodles of headroom. Before this I had a UL502 for 2-years and I think the 902 is better.

I've also tried it with 1xUL310 (5.3-ohm) and 1xUL212 (4-ohm). This goes against the purists rules of mixing cone sizes but sounded pretty massive.

I would think it would work very well with your cabs.

[quote name='NAS' post='615641' date='Oct 3 2009, 12:33 PM']That's a wicked stack, must have sounded wonderful and generated major trouser flapping action. Love the look of the Status too.[/quote]

The 212/310 combination was also amazing. Never got the chance to gig it though.

It's not a Status, it's a Stingray 5 with a Status neck, my main gigging bass for several years. It just feels and sounds rigth to me.

Interesting to have a Status neck on a Stingray. I bought a 4 string 'ray on here awhile back but I find it a pretty massive beast in comparison to the Fender '70s reissue Jazz I use most of the time. The neck is particularly chunky for my skinny hands. Is the Status neck the same profile as the original or is it slightly slimmer? Does the carbon neck "soften" the usual Stingray attack?

I use a 502 and I'm very happy with it. As far as I know, it has the same front end as the 902 but a Class D power section. Does the 902 have a Class A? (and bear in mind, I could be talking though my backside - I haven't checked the Epi site for specs). OBBM - how would you describe the difference, i.e., is the 902 "better" in terms of tone or some other factor - power, versatility re: powering various cabs etc?

[quote name='lozbass' post='615684' date='Oct 3 2009, 01:38 PM']I use a 502 and I'm very happy with it. As far as I know, it has the same front end as the 902 but a Class D power section. Does the 902 have a Class A? (and bear in mind, I could be talking though my backside - I haven't checked the Epi site for specs). OBBM - how would you describe the difference, i.e., is the 902 "better" in terms of tone or some other factor - power, versatility re: powering various cabs etc?[/quote]

It's my understanding that the 902 is also Class D but has a different power supply to the 502. As for the differences I only gigged it a few times with my UL112/T112NYC cabs, both 8-ohms. Bags of power, almost too much, and very, very clean. I used to have a 502 for several years and I think there is a sound difference but couldn't say exactly what. You would have to A/B them to hear the difference. I'm sure the guys on TB can explain.

Certainly having two 900-watt power amps gives loads of options for cabs. Running a 5.3-ohm cab and a 4-ohm cab was so simple.

[quote name='NAS' post='615701' date='Oct 3 2009, 02:10 PM']This might help:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351838&highlight=epifani+902c"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...ht=epifani+902c[/url][/quote]

Thanks - it did!