Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn... properly this time as sold on TB! LOL

warwickhunt

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='552947' date='Jul 27 2009, 05:53 PM']you dont fancy a trade for a geddy do you?

very light[/quote]

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='552948' date='Jul 27 2009, 05:54 PM']you dont fancy a trade for a geddy do you?

very light[/quote]

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='552949' date='Jul 27 2009, 05:54 PM']you dont fancy a trade for a geddy do you?

very light[/quote]

What! All 3 of them? :)

You are more than welcome to shoot me an offer... inc' a weight for the Geddy. :rolleyes:

You sound like you're 'all at sea' with basses John.

You want a light 4 stringed bass, are you set on a Jazz of some sort? What is it you like in terms of tone?

Maybe you need to set up a poll :)

My advice would be to try as many as possible without looking at the name on the headstock and you might be surprised.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='553244' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:37 PM']You sound like you're 'all at sea' with basses John.

You want a light 4 stringed bass, are you set on a Jazz of some sort? What is it you like in terms of tone?

Maybe you need to set up a poll :)

My advice would be to try as many as possible without looking at the name on the headstock and you might be surprised.[/quote]

I'm having another of my annual clear-outs! :rolleyes: Ultimately there isn't much point in me holding on to any bass that exceeds about 9lb in weight as I have discovered (through much painful research) that the figure quoted is the magic figure for inducing grief. So as it stands I have 3 Warwicks, 1 Lakland, 1 Variax and a Yamaha that need new homes but I'm not about to give things away in desperation. Oddly enough I'm only offering to take something in part-ex as I like just trying basses out.

I own a couple of basses that fulfill ALL of my requirements (Bolin - fingerstyle/finesse & Sadowsky Metro PJ - that rock/slap/thump thang) but I quite enjoy looking to see if there is anything better and I'm not fussed as to the label but it DOES matter what it weighs.

Polls are good fun but as you rightly point out I need to just pick things up and try them added to which some people have strange ideas about what constitutes light and how to weigh a bass! :lol: