Why become a member? ×

FS: Ashdown EB-180 head - withdrawn for now

basically i took this head into the shop to get it fixed as it was making a LOUD buzzing noise even with gain and output down, and it turns out the power supply has had it and they want £80 to fix it. Obviously it's not really worth it, so i'll sell it spares or repair if you need some parts or if you know someone that's handy with electronics.

Just shoot me some offers, i'm not looking for much.

EDIT: i think my dad is going to try and fix it, if not it's going back up for sale

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='541278' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:33 PM']basically i took this head into the shop to get it fixed as it was making a LOUD buzzing noise even with gain and output down, and it turns out the power supply has had it and they want £80 to fix it. Obviously it's not really worth it, so i'll sell it spares or repair if you need some parts or if you know someone that's handy with electronics.[/quote]

do you still get any bass sound out of it as well as the buzzing noise? If you do then its almost certainly a power supply capacitor thats failed or come detached from the pcb. £80 is taking the p*ss to fix that.

Edited by Spartacus

[quote name='Spartacus' post='541927' date='Jul 16 2009, 07:54 AM']do you still get any bass sound out of it as well as the buzzing noise? If you do then its almost certainly a power supply capacitor thats failed or come detached from the pcb. £80 is taking the p*ss to fix that.[/quote]
Nope, no bass sound at all. ashdown reckoned it was a capacitor too, and that music shop have just charged a friend exactly the same price for exactly the same job on a different amp... i reckon they're pulling my leg. Bit coincidental.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='542187' date='Jul 16 2009, 01:02 PM']Nope, no bass sound at all. ashdown reckoned it was a capacitor too, and that music shop have just charged a friend exactly the same price for exactly the same job on a different amp... i reckon they're pulling my leg. Bit coincidental.[/quote]

That was how my MAG died. Faulty regulator IC in power supply.