Why become a member? ×

Broken Spector Control pot

Hey, wondered if anyone out there can help!? I’ve got quite an old European model Spector NS bass, I believe it’s the NS2CRFM, it’s very similar to the euro4lx but has the Aguilar OBP-1 preamp. I’ve managed to snap the volume pot for the bridge pickup (the top one closest to the strings). The actual shaft of the pot has snapped out, so I need to replace the whole thing. Can anyone tell me what type of pot I’d need to use to replace? (ie value,etc), having looked inside the back cavity I think I can make out 5k on the back of it, but I need to be sure. Any help would be much appreciated. Alex

Thanks BassBunny. I had already tried Spector, they're on 'summer vacation' till the 20th and I can't open the Aguilar website for some very annoying reason. Really need to sort it for Friday so I'll have to keep trying Aguilar, but if anyone knows in the meantime please let me know! thanks, Alex

Alex.
Here is the e-mail address for the Aquilar tech support [email protected]
Here is the wiring diagram of the OBP-1. It says "Use Original Volume Control", so that will be specified by Spector, I guess. Or try the pick-up manufacturer. if it's EMG, I can probably help.

[attachment=28881:support_...ing_obp1.pdf]

Edited by BassBunny