Why become a member? ×

DI output from a Ampeg SVT 2 Pro

slystewart

I have a SVT 2 PRO that has a balanced output on the back to coniect to a mixer ...but after connecting up a XLR lead it seems its not working...tried 2 or 3 diffrent leads all the same....
Can I insert a DI BOX in to the effects loop or the loop for pre and post amp do I have to complete the loop like as in one lead out of send to input on the DI Box then from link to return.....not sure what or which to use for the best ouput signial...any views thanks

Edited by slystewart

You can take a DI feed from the SEND connection to a DI box. This will give you a POST EQ signal that is affected by all the tone, drive and gain controls but not the master volume. You'll have to check if the signal you get at the DI output is strong enough.

Alternatively, you can plug your bass durectly into the DI then come out of the Parallel link into the amp. This will mean only your bass sound and not the amp will go to the desk. - One final trick, you can also use the tuner output to drive a DI box. Again, this is the same as plugging directly into the DI box and the amp will not effect the tone.

IF you use effects in your effects loop, add the DI box as the last item in the chain so that the desk will pick up your effect sounds too.. for example...

BASS>Amp IN Send out> Compressor-Chorus-EQ-DI input then DI Parallel link output> Return in etc etc.

The normal balanced DI XLR connector goes to the desk.