Why become a member? ×

***MASSIVE PRICE DROP*** Hiwatt Custom 100 Head and 4 x 12 Speaker Cab

Our guitarist is selling his complete Hiwatt rig, comprising of an original partridge Custom 100 Head and new 4 x 12" speaker cabinet. Both the amp and cab are fully flightcased (made by R J Flytes) and are included in the sale.

This [b]IS NOT[/b] a new amp head - the amp casing is new, but the amplifier itself inside is an old classic. It is an original "Partridge" transformer chassis which he had put into a new housing by Hiwatt themselves in Doncaster. In other words, the outer casing is new, but the blood and guts of it is an original Hiwatt that you don't see on music shopfloors.

The amp was dated at the Hiwatt factory from the serial number as being built in 1971. It also had a full Hiwatt service and a new set of JJ/Tesla tubes installed.

He purchased the 4 x 12" cab directly from them when he had the head rehoused. This was made to order (not sat in a shop for months) and loaded with Fane speakers. 300W/16 Ohm.

The service work, along with the new cab, was approximately 12-18 months ago at most (my estimate, but I'll confirm ASAP).

It's been fully flightcased from new so it is in perfect condition.

This is a serious guitar rig. A very loud amp with massive clear headroom, and a piece of guitar amp history, therefore [s]offers in the region of £2500[/s] [b][size=4][color="#FF0000"][s]£1600 CASH - NEEDS TO SELL URGENTLY[/s][/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=4][color="#FF0000"]***NEW PRICE - £1200 OR WILL SELL SEPARATELY (AMP £650 - CAB £600)*** - NEEDS TO SELL URGENTLY[/color][/size][/b]

He lives in Southport in case anyone wants to try it first. PM me with any questions or for more details.

Edited by Thunderthumbs

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...