Why become a member? ×

EUB tripod stand

CPBass

Hi folks,

Looking for some guidance again...

Ive got the SWB and really getting into it but she will not be my full time bass as my gig requires electic bass also. Im thinking of a tripod stand which will allow me to walk away from the bass without the palava of unplugging and finding a set down place.

Do any of you have ideas as to what tripods to use? NS make one for their WAV bass but Aria it seems do not.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Col

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='533074' date='Jul 5 2009, 03:14 PM']Hi folks,

Looking for some guidance again...

Ive got the SWB and really getting into it but she will not be my full time bass as my gig requires electic bass also. Im thinking of a tripod stand which will allow me to walk away from the bass without the palava of unplugging and finding a set down place.

Do any of you have ideas as to what tripods to use? NS make one for their WAV bass but Aria it seems do not.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Col[/quote]

I had this problem too. I can only relate what I do with my Stagg EUB (which has an awful lot in common with your bass). I asked a few drummers if they had any old snare drum stands which were no longer useable. What I ended up with was a snare tripod stand lower section (legs and lower tube section). The tube has a sealed bottom so I just stand the bass on its endpin inside the tube. When I want to play the bass, I just lift it out the tube and play as normal. Secure, simple, small and effective... and completely free :)

I work for an electrical wholesaler and amongst our old stock I found a tripod that they use on building sites for floodlights.

I bought one of those and modified it. First off, I cut one leg shorter, so it leans back slightly. I then cut the "U" shaped top piece from an old guitar stand and rivetted that to the top to support the neck. To hold the endpin, I drilled through the bottom of the tripod and put a 10mm eyebolt through with a nut either side. The endpin of my Stagg, sits in the eye of the eyebolt, the hole in the eyebolt is big enough for the spike to go through.

The eyebolt is about a foot off the floor, so I don't need to mess about with the spike every time I take the bass off the stand. The whole thing seems very stable due to the bass leaning back. The eyebolt is long enough to hold the bass body well away from any metal parts of the tripod and the whole thing is adjustable for height.

There are a couple of drawbacks though....the hole for the eyebolt must line up with the short leg or it would be unstable, and, er, it's bright yellow!

Total cost was less than a tenner.