Why become a member? ×

Bass shops in Newcastle

[quote name='Chris2112' post='540580' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:27 PM']Interesting that they have a Warwick in there. It'll be a trade in since they're not a licenced Warwick dealer. I've found that most of the interesting stuff they get in (bass-wise, at least) is traded in![/quote]
Yeah, definitely traded in. The red finish needed some TLC, the pots were past their best (sort of slack, floppy feeling to them) and the neck... well, there seemed to be a "step" developing at the join down the middle of the neck. Not comfortable to play. It's for sale at £699. Seems a little ambitious for a 5-string FNA Jazzman that needs some work. And that's marked down from £799.

Oh, and the B-string seemed like an afterthought. Like it wasn't even from the same set. Really odd. :)

Suspicious...sounds like one I remember playing at Howard's Bass Place. Funnily enough, I had the chance to play a couple of really CRAP FNA's there. And a Thumb with an overstraight neck! I remember being in there with Mark Palmer, and he concluded that the Thumb's neck was too straight and thus it was far from playable. Shame, as it should have been a cracking bass otherwise. Had a few marks on it and was priced at £800 (which was about right back in those days!). Probably would have bought it had it been set up right! Strange though, as Howard and Pete always did a good job of setting stuff up.

I want to know which Guitar Guitar store has the 6 string Overwater bass. It's way overpriced IMO, but it looks fairly cool to me!

[quote name='M4L666' post='541448' date='Jul 15 2009, 05:13 PM']Windows actually just got a few Trabens in. Dunno where from though.[/quote]
Trabens are suddenly everywhere! Sounds Live, GuitarGuitar, Air Guitars and now Windows... hold on. That's every guitar shop in the toon centre, surely? Traben must be the whore of the bass world.