Why become a member? ×

New live tracks from a band I have just started playing with...

Mikey D

I've started playing with this band a few months ago and they have done a few new 'live' tracks (Recorded at the Sculpted Music Studios as one takes but with no edits, just a couple of extra bvs added). I didn't play on the non-live tracks on the page, but they are also worth checking out.

Have a listen and see what you think.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/danielabove"]Daniela Bove and The Belongings[/url]

awesome! Really nice- doesn't even sound live!!! Which is a good thing as it shows that it was all properly done and mic'd up, AND that the singer and the band can all play properly (especially at the right time - not too excessive). Really like the bass line as well! It's also quite awesome cos I used to play cello for 5 years :)

[quote name='iamapirate' post='528121' date='Jun 29 2009, 09:06 PM']awesome! Really nice- doesn't even sound live!!! Which is a good thing as it shows that it was all properly done and mic'd up, AND that the singer and the band can all play properly (especially at the right time - not too excessive). Really like the bass line as well! It's also quite awesome cos I used to play cello for 5 years :)[/quote]
Thanks. The engineer Premen Underhill was really good and relaxed and the studio which she got through a friend was a great environment to record in. The band are also great as well to play with, especially the drummer as he has a great touch on the kit (and backing vocals and guitar and cajon).

Sounds awesome dude, I'd love to play for a solo artist like this. It's the kind of band which could really go far cos its got that poppy side to it (but in a good way) but its also got the really nice easy listening smooth vibe which really warms it. What I do love about the studio tracks though (I know you didn't play on them) is the fact that it doesn't sound massively over produced like most pop stuff does these days so it still captures the rawness of the artist and the musicians. I find a lot of that stuff is ironed out of bands like this when they get stuff in the charts so you lose the essence of the sound and you're left with a heavily compressed commercial product and I'm really glad that thats clearly not the case here.

Keep it up man.

Ad