Why become a member? ×

Here are my two...plus the one I let get away ;)

Kiwi

A 1994 Celinder J Update. Plenty of player wear on this one which is always a good sign in my book. Chris says that its the second jazz bass he ever made. Formerly owned by a well known Copenhagen player whose name escapes me at the moment. Ash body on this one I think. The plan eventually is to get the bass refinished in CAR and anodised scratch plate, and shape the neck at the nut to match the P Classic below. Then I'll convert the bass to passive hopefully with some of the new pickups Chris is working on, if they're not too expensive.

I also have this 2002 P Classic which Chris said he originally made for himself because he wanted to try a P-bass but with a jazz neck. Ironically the nut is narrower than it is on the J Update. Alder body on this one which makes it nice and growly. Really lovely sounding bass and I don't have to fight it like I do with Fenders.

Of course you know I used to have this one, made for Scarbee which I sold to Wombatboter earlier this year because the sound was more modern than I was looking for. I thought I might miss it but I haven't yet.

[quote name='Brusen' post='526612' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:54 AM']The red jazz was owned by a player named Christian Danstrøm, I'm 95% sure. He's a very good bassist.[/quote]
Yes, that name definitely rings a bell. Unfortunately none of his skill has rubbed off the instrument onto me. :)

I know what you mean with the black one having a very modern sound but every now and then it comes in handy...I have some other basses that supply a bit more of a vintage growl but for some gigs and situations the Celinder is just perfect. Lowest action I can imagine which makes playing effortless.

• 2 months later...

Never thought it would happen but the Celinder is no longer mine. One of the best and fastest basses I ever played but I also found myself looking for a sound less "modern" and "hi-fi". The Celinder is a jazz on steroids and sounds really Miller-ish in a superb way but after a while I realised I was looking for something else. I recently bought a Sandberg JM4 (aged relic) and the combination of the Musicman and the jazz pick-up works better for me although its sound isn't as rich as the Celinder. Yesterday the Celinder got sold to a young bass dare-devil from Holland who fell in love with it the moment he played it at my house. I guess I will regret that I sold the Celinder but this bass deserves to be played a lot and I couldn't make it my main bass (too much choice hanging on my walls + combination with bass midlife crisis)