Why become a member? ×

Cirrus BXP Truss Rod Nut

geoffbyrne

I've picked up a Peavey Cirrus V BXP from a pawn shop which is almost perfect except.....the truss rod nut's reamed - and I mean knackered.

I managed to get some movement on it and make the neck playable before it finally gave up the ghost.

Anyone got any suggestions as to:

How to remove the old nut?

What size the thread might be?

Where to find a replacement?

If I can get this done,it'll be a steal.

Geoff

Well, I've found out that it's a dual action rod & the nut is probably welded to the top rod.

Time to drill a hole & use a good old steel self-tapping screw.

Subtle!!!

:rolleyes:

G.

[quote name='Kongo' post='526724' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:20 PM']What idiot would wear off the head of a truss rod nut?
I mean, it's not a cross head, Allen keys slot in... :)

I have never changed one though.[/quote]

FWIW I would always get a second opinion on this- I have a Peavey 5 stringer (different model though) that had the same problem, and one guitars shop told me it was knackered and no way to fix it properly; the second one I took it to fixed it for a tenner and replaced the truss rod nut.

Edited by velvetkevorkian

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='529350' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:20 AM']FWIW I would always get a second opinion on this- I have a Peavey 5 stringer (different model though) that had the same problem, and one guitars shop told me it was knackered and no way to fix it properly; the second one I took it to fixed it for a tenner and replaced the truss rod nut.[/quote]

Well, that's useful to know.

To be honest, now that it's 'right', I'm going to leave well alone until it changes.

Thanks for the info.

G.