Why become a member? ×

Home from Japan

silky13

hey!! i promised i would come on here and let you guys know how my trip to japan to see Mr Big went and all i can say is that it was truely amazing!! probably my favourite place in the whole world!!

I saw Mr Big on their second last show there in Tokyo at the budokan and oh my god what a show it was!! They were on top form and tight as! Well impressed and really pleased i went! If anyone is considering London for Mr Big, do it! They are on it! :)

So what has been happening lately, have three weeks of catching up to do! :rolleyes:

Tom

[quote name='BigRedX' post='523021' date='Jun 24 2009, 10:04 PM']Have you been before?

Depends on what you're interested in and what you want to do.

Do you know yet where abouts in Tokyo you are staying?[/quote]

I don't really know yet, I'm at the very beginning of my planning because I'm not planning to go until around may next year. Interests wise, I love old architecture and history (one of the reasons I want to go to Kyoto), though I also love technology, general sightseeing, shopping, anything really, I'd just like a taste of the culture and life there.

Also maybe a trip down ESP way wouldn't go amiss :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and I want to experience one of those Japanese toilets everyone seems to rave about

Thinking about this I don't want to hijack a thread, redirect here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52675"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52675[/url]

Edited by ashevans09

Glad to hear it lived up to expectation, sir. So jealous - mainly for the fact that you got to go to Budokan. I've got tickets for Mr Big in London, but it would have been amazing to see them at that venue.

I think I asked this on a previous thread but, how did you get hold of tickets? Did you use Ticket Pier? I just recall that getting hold of tickets for concerts within Japan was a bit of a mystery and that seemed to be the only outlet.

Ashevans ... 7 nights in tokyo is probably enough... I didnt see all of what it had to offer, however i went a couple of nights, which wrote of the mornings so could have seen more, saw plenty of temples, shrines, parks and modern shops etc, which is what tokyo is all about (i think) If you are travelling in Japan, I visited a town outside tokyo called kamakura which was really nice for a day trip with loads of old temples and a big buddha! Errm Tokyo is really easy to navigate, get a day ticket for the underground for 1000yen and you're sorted, you can literally see all of the city in a day, just very quickly! :D Oh and the place i stayed, which was absolutely brilliant was Ace Inn, Shinjuku (its right above a station and about 20mins walk from the imperial palace so good place to stay! :))

geilerbass ... I was very lucky, last year I met a girl from Japan who visited UK just to see 3 gigs of Def Leppard so she arranged the tickets for Mr Big! So I didnt have to learn Japanese!

Soulfinger ... Sadly my money could not stretch to a new bass, since I'd bought one just before i left, however I tried so many! There are so many amazing music shops out there, literally one whole street that had about 10 on it ... but thats not the best bit, the best bit is that most shops have as many if not more bass guitars than kead guitars!! which makes a change!! Prices are crazy as well, very much dependant on trends i think... in one shop there was a japanese p-bass for about 350quid (cheap I thought) and a yamaha attitude for 1700quid (expensive I thought)

Anyway, yeah budokan was a cool venue! The crowd were going crazy! Cant wait to see them in London now! :rolleyes:

Tom

p.s. ... im glad nothing changes then rslaing :lol: