Why become a member? ×

Tacoma Thunderchief CB10C Acoustic Bass- LR Baggs preamp.

Etienne

Hello all!

I bought this lovely instrument from Bob Palt back in March this year, with the intention of using it for regular radio sessions with my band. The truth is that I've barely touched it in the time that I've owned it (it's mostly served as a pretty but costly ornament for the living room!), and now that I've left the aforementioned band I think it would be a good time to move it on...

The bass is in very good condition throughout, and it's stayed that way since I've owned it. The only ding of any significance is a small fingernail-sized depression in the top (underneath the G-string by the bridge), apparently caused by the previous owner's wife whilst hoovering! I've included a photo of this below.

It's beautifully put together and sounds great, whether played acoustically or plugged in. Plenty of unplugged volume too! Since owning it I've fitted a set of D'addario Chromes flats, which I think are the perfect strings for this instrument- they cut scratchy string noise down to a minimum, and sound fat with either pick or fingers! It's fitted with the LR Baggs 3-band EQ, which also features a phase-reversal switch to help combat feedback.

It comes complete with the enormous Tacoma fitted hardcase (in very good condition), plus case candy: case key, truss-rod tool, preamp instructions, Tacoma catalogue, plus a Dampit soundhole humidifier with instructions. I'll also throw in the old D'addario Phosphor Bronze roundwounds previously fitted to the bass.

I'm looking for a firm [b]£475[/b] for this beauty.

***EDIT: NOW SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!***

Shipping can be arranged at extra cost, or you can collect it in person from Liverpool city centre! I can also deliver this within reasonable distance of Merseyside if my fuel costs are covered...

Thanks for looking!

Etienne :)

[attachment=27589:DSC00186.JPG][attachment=27583:DSC00185.JPG][attachment=27579:DSC00178.JPG]
[attachment=27580:DSC00179.JPG][attachment=27581:DSC00180.JPG][attachment=27582:DSC00181.JPG]
[attachment=27592:DSC00184.JPG]

Edited by Etienne

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Etienne' date='Jun 23 2009, 12:44 PM' post='521687']
Hello all!

I bought this lovely instrument from Bob Palt back in March this year, with the intention of using it for regular radio sessions with my band. The truth is that I've barely touched it in the time that I've owned it (it's mostly served as a pretty but costly ornament for the living room!), and now that I've left the aforementioned band I think it would be a good time to move it on...

The bass is in very good condition throughout, and it's stayed that way since I've owned it. The only ding of any significance is a small fingernail-sized depression in the top (underneath the G-string by the bridge), apparently caused by the previous owner's wife whilst hoovering! I've included a photo of this below.

It's beautifully put together and sounds great, whether played acoustically or plugged in. Plenty of unplugged volume too! Since owning it I've fitted a set of D'addario Chromes flats, which I think are the perfect strings for this instrument- they cut scratchy string noise down to a minimum, and sound fat with either pick or fingers! It's fitted with the LR Baggs 3-band EQ, which also features a phase-reversal switch to help combat feedback.

It comes complete with the enormous Tacoma fitted hardcase (in very good condition), plus case candy: case key, truss-rod tool, preamp instructions, Tacoma catalogue, plus a Dampit soundhole humidifier with instructions. I'll also throw in the old D'addario Phosphor Bronze roundwounds previously fitted to the bass.

I'm looking for a firm [b]£475[/b] for this beauty.

***EDIT: NOW SOLD PENDING PAYMENT!***

Shipping can be arranged at extra cost, or you can collect it in person from Liverpool city centre! I can also deliver this within reasonable distance of Merseyside if my fuel costs are covered...

Thanks for looking!

Hi Etienne

Is this bass sold
If not Im interested

Paul