Why become a member? ×

VT-1 cryo valve bass overdrive

Hi Dave
I've hardly used this since I bought it, but dug it out again today to try with a new amp. (The serial number is 216).
Do you roll off the treble on these? I do notice that there is a fair bit more top in the signal in bypass mode.
Is there a component, or components I could change to get my treble back? I have full access to electronic rework kit incl. surface mount.
Cheers
Jules

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='520378' date='Jun 21 2009, 11:20 PM']Hi Dave
I've hardly used this since I bought it, but dug it out again today to try with a new amp. (The serial number is 216).
Do you roll off the treble on these? I do notice that there is a fair bit more top in the signal in bypass mode.
Is there a component, or components I could change to get my treble back? I have full access to electronic rework kit incl. surface mount.
Cheers
Jules[/quote]

I have added a bright switch to the design. If yours is pre-bright switch mod then that will do it.

Just add a 470pF ceramic cap across the level pot with a switch if you want. Depends on how old the PCB is but there might be a position marked "bright" anyway. Or just wire to the LHS and middle of the level pot, RHS is gnd.

[quote name='DHA' post='520495' date='Jun 22 2009, 09:05 AM']I have added a bright switch to the design. If yours is pre-bright switch mod then that will do it.

Just add a 470pF ceramic cap across the level pot with a switch if you want. Depends on how old the PCB is but there might be a position marked "bright" anyway. Or just wire to the LHS and middle of the level pot, RHS is gnd.[/quote]
Thanks for that Dave, I'll give it a go when I can. I think this is the reason I hadn't used it much tbh!
Cheers
Jules