Why become a member? ×

Fender 62 Reissue Precision (MIJ 1990)

Duarte

Hi guys.

This isn't getting played any more since I got my Music Mans and it's just hanging on the wall looking very very pretty.

Although I love how it looks on the wall, it deserves an owner who is going to actually play it.

It's a MIJ and the serial number dates it back to either 1990 or 1991. It's in good nick for a heavily used bass of this age, a few scatches and that but nothing major. It sounds like a P bass should, and I upgraded the bridge to an original badass (which looks so cool) only because the original bridge was rusty and ugly. I have since sold it on ebay. The new bridge is the 3-screw badass which looks far less intrusive than the badass II.

It plays and sounds great, and currently strung with flats.

These pics are before I put the new bridge on.

I'm looking for around £380, or (verrrrrrrry long shot) if anyone has an access virus A, B or C I wanna trade/part ex.

Thanks, Zak

Edited by Duarte

Yeah I'll try to find a camera...I was expecting to have to do this so it's fine :)

Also to answer a couple of questions that have been raised:

The saddle on the D string is so high on the original bridge because it intonated so poorly, the new one is normal.
There was no drilling in the body to fit the badass, it uses 3 screws but they are perfectly in line with the existing holes.
The badass is a lot taller than the original, so I'm not sure if a cover would fit.
The electrics are fine, I had them professionally re-done recently.

Edited by Duarte

I really badly want this, a PM may be on its way to you some time this week. Also, is it wrong of me to have been hoping that this would have had the cr@p kicked out of it? I love bass's that look like they've been through a lot lol.

Zach