Why become a member? ×

how to run a qsc rmx850?

jasperok

looks like it would be easiest to run both cabs together, with the amp bridged.

in order to do this you'll need a four way speakon connector, connect the positive to +1 and the negative to +2, i think. -1 and -2 unconnected, and plug the speakon into channel one's output.

[url="http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/rmx1850_bk-42c0267f51e8585b1a964dff4a7e36cf.jpg"]http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,8...dff4a7e36cf.jpg[/url]

thats a pick of the rear

I for now will be using the xlr out from a DHA VT Bass eq

Is it like a normal amp situation in that you plug a speakon into output 1 and the other end into a cab then another lead from the out of the cab into your next cab?

or do they work different?

both my cans are 8 ohm rated 375w i think.

50%of the gigs i can only use one of them.

when i'm using both it appears easy just run a speakon from each out to each cab seperately?

[quote name='jasperok' post='516784' date='Jun 17 2009, 07:26 PM']Is it like a normal amp situation in that you plug a speakon into output 1 and the other end into a cab then another lead from the out of the cab into your next cab?

or do they work different?

both my cans are 8 ohm rated 375w i think.

50%of the gigs i can only use one of them.

when i'm using both it appears easy just run a speakon from each out to each cab seperately?[/quote]

yes, if you want to bridge it you'll need to either run the cable out of output one and into the first cab, then out of that cab into the next. conversely, you could make/have made a Y cable which will split the output so both cabs can be connected directly to the amp -- however if you use relatively short, thick speaker cables that probably won't be really necessary.

if you want to run the amp in non-bridged mode, which in thinking about it would probably make more sense in some ways, then you'll just need to connect one cab to one output, and the other to the other output.