Why become a member? ×

EFFECTS

LITTLEWING

It's ok if you use a blend with it to keep tyour clean lows. The bass version has more usefuul options for bass. In particular the kick drum feature. The resonance filter on the wah is really nice, about the only deature of mine that I miss (I had both versions at once, one on each channel).

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='515813' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:15 PM']It's ok if you use a blend with it to keep tyour clean lows. The bass version has more usefuul options for bass. In particular the kick drum feature. The resonance filter on the wah is really nice, about the only deature of mine that I miss (I had both versions at once, one on each channel).[/quote]

I'd go along with that - if you've got a loop on whatever amp you're using and you can mix wet/dry, use the effects sparingly (a little chorus can work wonders on top end sparkle at the right moments) and it'll make the right impression in the right places.

I used to play in 3 piece bands a lot and I've filled a lot of space with effects. In one band, I even used chase stereo delay to create the central rhythm part of a song using 2-hand tap. The song was mental though, a college piece. Wicked vocalist!

I still use an old bass POD (got the simple floorboard for it you see) and tend to use the chorus on it a little, sometimes a few sounds, but it doesn't need much so I haven't gone insane for a POD XT or a Pro or whatsit.

I did fit a GK bass MIDI pickup though :)