Why become a member? ×

Tone Port GX

bluesparky

Hi all,
My trusty travel Line 6 Tone Port GX has just started to die on me.
When i'm hooked up with my Sinsonido into Line 6's Gear box, all i get is distorted non pitch related noise.
I've done the obvious - changed cables, batteries in my bass and also re-installed the program drivers and software but it hasn't solved the problem.
This leads me to believe that it's a hardware issue with the Tone port GX, which is potentially a pain as they don't make them any more (annoying 'cos it's only 18 months old) so i don't know if anyone will be able to repair it or get spares for it.
It wasn't over expensive in the first place, but i don't really want to buy a similar product if i don't have to.
Has anyone had an issue with a similar device and found out a solution for it (e.g. opening it up and doing a quick chip press / dry joints / hitting it with a large rubber mallet).
I've not had time to look inside yet though.
Any thoughts?
Cheers all.
Mark

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='515491' date='Jun 16 2009, 05:14 PM']Have you tried plugging in different instruments to make sure it is the Toneport? If it is broken, you can still find them on the web for about £40 (I know Bonners still has some), or the new Studio GX is about £55.[/quote]
I've not tried another instrument, but in my "travel pack" i've also got a Korg pandora, and everything works fine through that.
I'll have a nose around the line 6 monkey forum and see what they say.
The new stuff is good value, but i'm obviously reluctant to shell out on new stuff if my current equipment can be salvaged.
Cheers,