Why become a member? ×

Butchered 2x10

Interested to know what BFM or Alex Claber reckon to this!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Modified-Peavey-2x10_W0QQitemZ200350739082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL?hash=item2ea5d5aa8a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Modified-Peavey-2x10...%3A2%7C294%3A50[/url]

I think that's just utterly brilliant, whether it works or not. Alex, Bill and all the other lightweight mfrs are out of business. :)

What you really need is some hinged flaps at 45 degrees to the cab-ends to project the sound forwards.

Bonkers.

Edited by skankdelvar

Interesting! :)

I hope he has wired them out of phase with each other or he'll have completely missed the point of the Isobaric design principle and it will sound pants. If he's done it well/right then he's potentially going to get the same sound out of a cab that is half the size. So 'if' it has been executed well (not sure about binning the tweeter though I do know someone who has done that with the Peavey 2x10TX and they swear it was better with it completely removed) then it's probably not the worst DIY solution to transporting a cab in the back of a small sports car.

I could be wrong but the rear ( :rolleyes: ) speaker looks to be different from the... front speaker!

<edit>

Though he is potentially open to getting the listing pulled with his 'cash on collection only' statement! :lol:

Edited by warwickhunt