Why become a member? ×

SWR PAS speaker repair

JTUK

I have determined that one of my 10" PAS speakers in a Goliath jnr lll cab is damaged.

Original thought was to replace both with Eminence Deltalite II 2510's and get a weight save at the same time...but that would mean 2 chassis lying around...and I have enough of those already...albeit JBL 15's etc..

So, current thinking is to try and find out if I can get them repaired in the UK.

Any UK repairers do kits for PAS or whatever rebadge they may be..?

I have heard of ealier PAS speakers being reconed... but nobody has kits for the latter speakers rated at 175 watts each...apparently...

Or should I just get the Deltalites anyway...?

TIA

[quote name='JTUK' post='510068' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:23 PM']Original thought was to replace both with Eminence Deltalite II 2510's and get a weight save at the same time...but that would mean 2 chassis lying around...and I have enough of those already...albeit JBL 15's etc..[/quote]
You've got JBL 15s just lying around. What are you - nuts?

[quote name='stevie' post='511434' date='Jun 11 2009, 05:13 PM']You've got JBL 15s just lying around. What are you - nuts?[/quote]

Yes, nothing to put them in.....and I did indeed think about getting some 1x15 cabs made....never got round to it and I have that base
( no pun int' ) covered now...

I'll dig them out and see what they sound like... and then put them on here for offers

[quote name='JTUK' post='511592' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:42 PM']Yes, nothing to put them in.....and I did indeed think about getting some 1x15 cabs made....never got round to it and I have that base
( no pun int' ) covered now...

I'll dig them out and see what they sound like... and then put them on here for offers[/quote]
That's a good idea. You haven't got any 2206s that you would like to dispose of (very cheaply) have you?