Why become a member? ×

Electroharmonix Micro Synthesizer

LukeFRC

I bought an XO Micro Synth but sent it straight back. It had a big volume drop even with the volume slider full up. There were a few ok sounds, but unless there's a mod for the volume problems i would save your money.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='509427' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:38 PM']Just saw a second hand Micro Synthesizer for what looks like quite a cheap price.
Its not the bass one, will it work with a bass? Would you recommend?Is it any good? and what would you think is a good price for it secondhand? What folk think?[/quote]

[quote name='Bassy' post='527859' date='Jun 29 2009, 04:16 PM']I bought an XO Micro Synth but sent it straight back. It had a big volume drop even with the volume slider full up. There were a few ok sounds, but unless there's a mod for the volume problems i would save your money.[/quote]

Did you adjust the preamp gain trim pot inside it? It makes a big difference to the output volume.

Yeah, but it seemed to just affect the amount of gain going into the pedal, not the output. I think it could do with a dedicated output volume slider, but i suppose it would put the price up?
[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='528238' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:03 PM']Did you adjust the preamp gain trim pot inside it? It makes a big difference to the output volume.[/quote]

My old bass synth pedal used to boost the volume, didn't know there was a trim pot in there, considering going back to this with the exp mod, will it make squelchy, wah synth noises, I ain't got a pedal so can't replicate what the addition of an exp' pedal will do!

Tony