Why become a member? ×

Getting rid of my two month old UL212. offers?

dave_bass5

[quote name='Beedster' post='56486' date='Sep 6 2007, 01:13 PM']Bloody hell, that was like reading War and Peace whilst walking through neck-high treacle at the same time listening to Wagner's Ring Cycle very loud on an iPod. Interesting but a lesson in the old truism that time heals everything. One day things sound good, and the next not so good. The wise mean accepts it, the rest go mad trying to fix it!
Glad it's sorted either way
Chris[/quote]

Chris. yes, im a very confused man at the moment. Im still not saying i really love the UL212, i dont, but as has been pointed out im going to loose a lot of money by selling it and to be honest, im the only one that worries about how i sound. Its a very nice sounding cab and maybe i am looking for a one cab solution that doesn't exist. I have had a few gigs with it that ive thought it sounded great on so i know its good enough in the right venue. Most of the venues ive use dit in have had wooden stages and maybe i need to address that as well. The gigs ive done with it on the floor have been the good ones.
I think i need to get my priorities right. I want that new Camera more than i want a new cab that i may or may not get on with.
If i could turn back time i wouldn't have got the UL212. I should have gone straight to a 1212L. But certainly the UL212 is up to doing all my gigs so ill keep using it until i really do find something i like.

Cheers

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='56508' date='Sep 6 2007, 01:41 PM']Might be worth trying some auralex or a gramma on those wooden stages.[/quote]

Agreed. I had a discussion about it here a while ago but was too lazy to do anything about it.
One thing that really helped was Alex Clabber giving me the distance from the wall and the freq's that get effected. Ive been placing my cab quite near the rear wall and it has made a difference (at least, i think i does). The sound has been fuller. Of course wooden stages are far from perfect but after putting rubber feet on my UL115 and getting the worst sound i have had out of it at the same venue i played at on Sat im not sure i want to start removing my cab from the floor although these things do work.
Just a little low end roll off seemed to help on sat.
We are playing Ripley Castle on Sat and i believe that will be a big, high and very bright room. looking forward to that one ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5