Why become a member? ×

Mystery Westone Thunder Bass

Mr. Foxen

Just bought this bass, its a fretless, its been horribly sanded, and there are lots of filled slots that look like where frets were, but they aren't in the right places, and don't go all the way to the end of the board.

Basically, wondering if anyone is interested in this, cause after I got it I realised I have absolutely no need to own it even after it is restored, it has a J pickup at the bridge, that is neatly routed but crudely installed, a preamp, but no switch and the logo is sanded off, so I'm not even sure what it is, but the shape, style and Matsumuko neck plate all say its a Westone Thunder. It has three knobs and a brass nut. Shoot me a pm with any more info/for more info or to make an offer.

I'd love to see photos. I'm always up for one more Westone project!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='52992' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:35 PM']Just bought this bass, its a fretless, its been horribly sanded, and there are lots of filled slots that look like where frets were, but they aren't in the right places, and don't go all the way to the end of the board.

Basically, wondering if anyone is interested in this, cause after I got it I realised I have absolutely no need to own it even after it is restored, it has a J pickup at the bridge, that is neatly routed but crudely installed, a preamp, but no switch and the logo is sanded off, so I'm not even sure what it is, but the shape, style and Matsumuko neck plate all say its a Westone Thunder. It has three knobs and a brass nut. Shoot me a pm with any more info/for more info or to make an offer.[/quote]